Solved

What time does my low rate electricity start?

• 30 May 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi i havean economy seven meter from seeboard, please can you tell me the times I am on low te electricity, Thank you
icon

Best answer by PeterR1947 31 May 2019, 11:44

It depends what sort of meter it is. If it's a low tech meter with a time clock it should change at Midnight to E7 until 7:00am, however, the clocks are frequently out, sometimes by several hours but you should be able to see the time by examining the time clock itself.

If you have a meter with a radio box attached, the answer is a bit more complex, they are switched by a radio signal on a BBC channel and normally the time should be the same, however, the times are varied so not every meter in the UK switches at the same time and sometimes the times vary depending on the load on the grid.

Hope this helps

Peter
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
It depends what sort of meter it is. If it's a low tech meter with a time clock it should change at Midnight to E7 until 7:00am, however, the clocks are frequently out, sometimes by several hours but you should be able to see the time by examining the time clock itself.

If you have a meter with a radio box attached, the answer is a bit more complex, they are switched by a radio signal on a BBC channel and normally the time should be the same, however, the times are varied so not every meter in the UK switches at the same time and sometimes the times vary depending on the load on the grid.

Hope this helps

Peter
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hey @flagooner - just to add to that, if you'd like us to find out your Eco7 times, give us a ring (0330 303 5063), drop us an email (hello@ovoenergy.com) or send us a message on Facebook (m.me/ovoenergy) with your account number, full name and DoB.