Solved

What does the red button on radio teleswitch do?

I was hoping someone can help. We have Radio Teleswitch pictured below. Can anyone tell me what is the red button for please? I understand it says off/on but what does it do?

My concern is that my electricity bill came double the normal charge. Couple of months ago one of my heaters broke down and I had a guy who came to fix it. He also fiddled with the radio tele switch and I suspect that he might have change something and the heaters now taking only the peak rates.

Can anyone advise please?

Thank you
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 25 January 2018, 15:24

Miro_82 wrote:

I was hoping someone can help. We have Radio Teleswitch pictured below. Can anyone tell me what is the red button for please? I understand it says off/on but what does it do?

My concern is that my electricity bill came double the normal charge. Couple of months ago one of my heaters broke down and I had a guy who came to fix it. He also fiddled with the radio tele switch and I suspect that he might have change something and the heaters now taking only the peak rates.

Thank you

Hey @Miro_82,

A timeswitch or teleswitch is designed to switch the "load" (how many KWh have been used) from rate to rate.

For example, between 7am and 11.59pm the meter will clock on Register 1. When the teleswitch hits midnight, it will switch the load of the meter over to Register 2, and Register 1 will stop recording consumption. Then between midnight and 6.59am Register 2 will record consumption.

I can see two red bits in the picture you sent - can you let me know which one your referring to?

With regards to your bill, there could be a number of things that have caused this increase. If you send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, full name and DoB we can look into it in more detail.

Cheers,
Nancy

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Miro_82 wrote:

Thank you

Hey @Miro_82,

A timeswitch or teleswitch is designed to switch the "load" (how many KWh have been used) from rate to rate.

For example, between 7am and 11.59pm the meter will clock on Register 1. When the teleswitch hits midnight, it will switch the load of the meter over to Register 2, and Register 1 will stop recording consumption. Then between midnight and 6.59am Register 2 will record consumption.

I can see two red bits in the picture you sent - can you let me know which one your referring to?

With regards to your bill, there could be a number of things that have caused this increase. If you send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, full name and DoB we can look into it in more detail.

Cheers,
Nancy
Hi Nancy, And thank you for your reply.

The red button I am referring to is marked on the image below.

I suspect that the button was in a possition "on" and that caused that the heaters could work anytime in a day whereas before, the button was "off" and the heating used to kick in only at the night time. Don't know if that makes sense.

Thank you
I have the same question about my Radio Teleswitch. The red switch rarely moves (last seen to move 5 days ago!)

The low/normal pointer on the meter stays on one setting for days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Frizzbomb @Miro_82

It doesn't look like any other forum user can help with this. I'd suggest you reach out to the Care team via Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com.

^Tim

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close