Solved

I've had smart meters installed - why do I have to wait to switch to Economy 7?

Having recently bought an electric vehicle, the only reason I’ve had a smart meter installed was so that I could use the Economy 7 tariff.
Ovo installed the new meter on Friday 1st June but it turns out that I have to wait six weeks before I can switch to E7. The reasons are incomprehensible.
Even though I rang today, I have to ring back in 4-6 weeks to see if the process has made any progress.
Why can’t Ovo take my request and action it. talk about lack of customer focus. They are becoming just like the big providers and losing sight of why they have customers.
icon

Best answer by Emma_OVO 7 June 2018, 11:54

Good question, @Gilly S

After a smart meter has been installed, we have to wait for the validated information to come back from the industry - this can take up to 6 weeks to be completed.

As the meter was installed as a single rate meter, it has to be validated as a single rate meter. So if we were to change it to Economy 7 on our end before validation had completed, things would get messy!

If you send us a PM on Facebook with your full name, DoB and account number - we can ensure the change is made once validation has been completed.

Hope this helps,
Emma

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Good question, @Gilly S

After a smart meter has been installed, we have to wait for the validated information to come back from the industry - this can take up to 6 weeks to be completed.

As the meter was installed as a single rate meter, it has to be validated as a single rate meter. So if we were to change it to Economy 7 on our end before validation had completed, things would get messy!

If you send us a PM on Facebook with your full name, DoB and account number - we can ensure the change is made once validation has been completed.

Hope this helps,
Emma

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close