Solved

How can I tell my day and night readings apart?

• 16 February 2018
  • 3 replies

I have just submitted my first readings, but I'm not sure if reading 1 on my meter is day or night?
icon

Best answer by Bumblebee 17 February 2018, 15:14

Hi there!

Most meters do say Day/Night rate, in this case if you don't have that, compare the numbers to your previous online/paper bill, it will show you which rate is which and then compare the numbers,

As a general rule of thumb the lowest row of numbers are night rate and highest are day rate (As there are less night rate hours)

Be sure to compare with an old bill tho!

Updated 05/07/19 there's another topic on this here.

Have a great weekend,

Tris 🙂
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi there!

Most meters do say Day/Night rate, in this case if you don't have that, compare the numbers to your previous online/paper bill, it will show you which rate is which and then compare the numbers,

As a general rule of thumb the lowest row of numbers are night rate and highest are day rate (As there are less night rate hours)

Be sure to compare with an old bill tho!

Updated 05/07/19 there's another topic on this here.

Have a great weekend,

Tris 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I have just submitted my first readings, but I'm not sure if reading 1 on my meter is day or night?
It’s really important that these are submitted round the right way otherwise the amount that we bill you will be incorrect.

If you’d like the team to check this for you, please send them a private message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number and they can help further.

Lucy
Not sure this _is_ solved by comparing numbers submitted on older bill, if I'm the only one who has ever submitted the numbers! How could I have known the correct order in the first place if there's no indication of day/night on the meter? It may have been wrong for years [gaaah!]

How reliable is the 'lower number=night rate' heuristic, because that does not fit my case?

(I have a Type 5235D-N meter and can supply photos to a suitably private party)