Solved

Economy 7 times - What are they?

What are my Economy7 times? My meter serial number is XXXX (edited by Moderator).
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 12 March 2018, 09:51

Hi @cmpblls & @Transparent

Transparent is right in regards to the moderators above. However, it's worth noting that the mods don't have any visibility of each others private messages from customers and therefore, although I wish they would all work 24/7, sending a PM is probably not the quickest way to get support if you need it.

For any customer service type help that you need OVO to help with, we'd recommend sending us a PM or DM via Facebook or Twitter, that way one of the team can pick it up and help you with it.

The forum is a space for customers to ask other customers for help and advice, the mods are here of course, but will only step in when needed.

Emily is in today, so if you have already sent your PM, I will give her a nudge to make sure she checks her inbox. Going forward anything you definitely need OVO's help with its best to contact the customer service team.

Thanks

Darran
Community Manager
View original

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I suggest you send a Private Message to one of the Moderators like @Tim_OVO or @Lucy_OVO. You can do this by clicking on their name to view their User Profile. The Send Message link is at the top.

Us general Forum members obviously can't look up your account details!
Thanks NInja, I did send a PM to Tim yesterday but I've not had a reply yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Although I'm a customer like you, I got to sit down for an afternoon cuppa with @Tim_OVO in Bristol last week.

I had unfairly imagined the four or five Moderators sitting with their feet on the desk, drinking tea, eating toast and watching their screens as we all solved each others problems!

What I learned is that they also manage all the live social-media feeds for the company. So their workload can vary enormously, depending on what's trending. Give them at least a full day to bounce your message to the relevant Dept and then get back to you.
Hi there. I'm sorry but I don't know your name and I'm puzzled why I have not received a reply from Tim yet. I can only assume that he is on leave. Not being terribly savvy with this forum, can I ask how do I find a list of Moderators so that I can point my request to them? If you can help I would be most grateful.
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @cmpblls,
I deduced the Moderator Team members by reading through the Forum topics.
Apart from @Tim_OVO, I think there another four:
@Darran_OVO, @Lucy_OVO, @Nancy_OVO and @Emily_OVO.
They seem to have different areas of expertise, which you can deduce by looking at their online Profiles.
According to the Fun-Friday-Facts thread, Emily & Nancy both like Marmite, but I don't think that impairs them too much from looking up Economy-7 times :8
Hi . . Transparent (?).

Thanks for your prompt response. I shall PM Emily to see if she can help.

Many thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @cmpblls & @Transparent

Transparent is right in regards to the moderators above. However, it's worth noting that the mods don't have any visibility of each others private messages from customers and therefore, although I wish they would all work 24/7, sending a PM is probably not the quickest way to get support if you need it.

For any customer service type help that you need OVO to help with, we'd recommend sending us a PM or DM via Facebook or Twitter, that way one of the team can pick it up and help you with it.

The forum is a space for customers to ask other customers for help and advice, the mods are here of course, but will only step in when needed.

Emily is in today, so if you have already sent your PM, I will give her a nudge to make sure she checks her inbox. Going forward anything you definitely need OVO's help with its best to contact the customer service team.

Thanks

Darran
Community Manager
Hi Darran,
Many thanks for your help.I am pleased to report that Tim has come back and answered all my questions.
I note your recommendation with regards to the the use of Facebook or Twitter but not everyone uses those means of communication, myself included. As the customer base of OVO increases that may be something OVO needs to examine to ensure that communications are inclusive.
Have a great day! 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
@cmpblls Customers can contact us via phone, email, letter or via Facebook/Twitter. We like to think that we make it hassle free for our customers to contact us should they need to.

The Forum has so much helpful information on here and it's forever growing. We really encourage other users to help one another out like @Transparent has done here.

As Darran mentioned, if you have anything that is account specific or requires a customer service advisor to help, you'll need to contact us via one of the channels mentioned above. :)

Looking forward to seeing what other topics you get involved in!

Lucy
How do I find out when my economy 7 hours are?
I have 2 rates (peak & off-peak). Every month I faithfully submit my electricity meter readings and every month I get the automated reply that my off-peak use seems low. I have tried to find out (unsuccessfully) what are my off-peak hours. All I can find is that the hours vary dependent on where you live. How can I find out? Having found out, apart from the dishwasher and the washing machine, I can't think of anything else that one could practically defer to the middle of the night short of reversing how we live i.e. sleep all day and be active all night!
I wish I knew! I've just posted exactly the same question!
I have an economy 7 meter, know the serial number but cannot find anywhere the times for the different rates.
I have an economy/electronic 7 meter. And I have the serial number but I want to find out my off peak times. I have just moved into a flat and have no idea what’s going on with the immersion heater. The hot water is very temperamental. Please could someone help so I am setting the boiler to the right times and to save money? I haven’t even had my first bill yet... scared for it!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@aliali @Simon Thackray @linda.hackett @mariahyau95 - if you private message me your full address, I can find out when your off peak times are!
How do I find out what the switch times are for my Economy 7 meter?
Having search the OVO site where do you find the current rates that are available for Economy 7 users?
Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi @Paul H58 and @Danlor - I've moved your comments here. More info above ☝🏼
My meter number is H14P0156986, could you please tell me when I get cheap electricity.
Userlevel 5
Badge
I've moved your post here, @mmm, please see the answers above for more info.
Hi, I still can’t see the times for my particular meter could you just tell me please. Thanks.
Userlevel 5
Badge
You'll need to contact our team, @mmm.

Please contact them on Facebook, you'll need to confirm your full name, full address and DoB and they will confirm the times for you.

Thanks!
Hi there
I have an OVO Energy account and live in Hackney, London, N16 . There is a dual electricity meter which reads low (night) and high (daytime) tarifs. In addition, I have a timer to set when the electricy can come on and off in my flat. However, I have no way of knowing when the OVO Energy times for peak and off-peak energy charges are. I have seen in some earlier discontinued posts that this is effected by my meter and so I am giving the serial number here: L74A02167. If there is a forum moderator who knows the answer presumably because they work for OVO Energy could you kindly advise. Also is this BST or GMT or whether it makes no difference as the meter automatically makes allowances for the changes? Thank you.
Userlevel 5
I've moved your query over here, @JeffC, your off peak times are between 2330-0630 and your peak times are between 0630-2330.

As you've got traditional meters BST/GMT won't affect the Economy 7 times, this is because of a time switch mechanism within the meter.
Can you please tell me the BST and GMT times of my Economy 7 Night.
MPAN
Meter Serial Number **edited by moderator**

Thanks