Solved

Dimplex Quantum - "Remote control by the utility"

Userlevel 1
I have just had a Dimplex Quantum water cylinder installed which I plan to use on Economy 7. I don't have a separate off-peak supply, so one option is to use the timer (if I can verify the off-peak times). However, the manual states that "The water can be controlled by the utility via the
RF module installed". I assume from the manual that this means it will automatically switch on and off as defined "by the utility". Does anybody know if OVO supports this and if so how it works and if it needs to be enabled by OVO?

Paddy
icon

Best answer by Bumblebee 30 July 2018, 12:04

@paddyf

Good morning,

I'm pretty sure it relates to these devices (As reviewed in this online article)

However if that does not solve the mystery, give Dimplex a call, there should be a number with your user manual

Please let me know how you get on :)

Best wishes,

Bumblebee :)

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jan/27/smart-thermostats-reviewed-which-can-save-you-most

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
@paddyf

Good morning,

I'm pretty sure it relates to these devices (As reviewed in this online article)

However if that does not solve the mystery, give Dimplex a call, there should be a number with your user manual

Please let me know how you get on :)

Best wishes,

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jan/27/smart-thermostats-reviewed-which-can-save-you-most
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey @paddyf - did you mean to create two topics on this? There's another one here.
Userlevel 1
Nancy,
No, I created the other one in the wrong area and couldn't find how to delete it.

Paddy
Userlevel 1
Replying to Bumblebee,
Thanks. From this manual and the Quantum Storage heater manuals which have the same function, it implies direct control of off peak usage from the energy supplier, but I cant find anything much about it. I think you might be right that Dimplex should know how it works, but I still need to find out of OVO supports it.

Paddy
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Leave it with me my friend, I will do some digging :)

Please chase up Dimplex at your end, :) Let's see if we can solve the mystery!

Best wishes,

Userlevel 4
Badge
paddyf wrote:

Nancy,
No, I created the other one in the wrong area and couldn't find how to delete it.

Paddy

Would you like me to delete it?
Userlevel 1
Nancy,
yes please if you could.

Paddy
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
No worries @paddyf - I've closed the other topic.
Userlevel 1
I had a callback from Dimplex today and apparently, the "RF Module" is for future functionality not yet released to allow setting of temperatures etc from a smartphone. They are looking at remote control from the utility, but he could not give a timescale, or even confirm that it would ever happen.

Paddy
Userlevel 4
Badge
Thanks for keeping us updated @paddyf!

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close