Solved

Can OVO use combined readings instead of two for my economy 7 meter?

• 6 September 2017
  • 2 replies

I am just about to move suppliers because of cost. At the moment I have an economy 7 meter and a standard meter. As I don't want economy 7, my present supplier combines the readings from both meters and treats it as a single tariff. This avoids having to pay to have the meters replaced. I don't want a smart meter until generation 2 is available. Could OVO use combined readings if I switched?
icon

Best answer by Darran_OVO 11 September 2017, 12:49

Hi @Seagoon and @pollarj

Welcome to our forum, great to see you posting your questions here.

I can confirm, that we are not able to combine your readings and charge you a single rate, however there are a couple of options available to you if you are looking to switch to us.

The easiest option is to switch to us (you'd have to switch onto an eco7 tariff initially), then once you are on supply, you can sign up to get free Smart meters installed which can then be set to a single rate tariff (i.e not eco7).

If you are not ready for Smart Meters (although there are a lot of benefits in doing so), then once you have switched, you could pay to have your current standard meters changed to new single rate meters (i.e non-smart), but there would be a charge for this.

You can check out here why getting a Smart Meter now is a great idea:
https://forum.ovoenergy.com/all-about-energy-24/why-you-should-get-a-smart-meter-asap-542

Let us know what you think.

Darran
View original

2 replies

I was looking for the answer the exact same question, currently with British Gas and they combine the two. Can OVO do the same if I switch
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi @Seagoon and @pollarj

Welcome to our forum, great to see you posting your questions here.

I can confirm, that we are not able to combine your readings and charge you a single rate, however there are a couple of options available to you if you are looking to switch to us.

The easiest option is to switch to us (you'd have to switch onto an eco7 tariff initially), then once you are on supply, you can sign up to get free Smart meters installed which can then be set to a single rate tariff (i.e not eco7).

If you are not ready for Smart Meters (although there are a lot of benefits in doing so), then once you have switched, you could pay to have your current standard meters changed to new single rate meters (i.e non-smart), but there would be a charge for this.

You can check out here why getting a Smart Meter now is a great idea:
https://forum.ovoenergy.com/all-about-energy-24/why-you-should-get-a-smart-meter-asap-542

Let us know what you think.

Darran