Solved

Can I still use the Economy 7 circuit if I change to a single rate tariff?

• 20 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Having replaced my immersion heater/water tank with an instantaneous water heater, I only have two  small storage heaters on my off peak circuit. Doing the sums, it would be better for me to move from my current “Better Energy Economy 7” tariff to  a single tariff such as “Better Energy”.

If I made the switch would the off peak circuit still operate as before (i.e. switch on at night, turn off in the morning), cease to work at all, or work 24 hours a day.

Thank you

Paul

icon

Best answer by SR3 20 January 2020, 19:21

Both the circuits should operate exactually the same as they currently do. OVO should only really need to change your contract so you are charged at a flat rate at all times. Their customer service team should be able sort this over the phone, but you might have to wait to the end of your current contract 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Both the circuits should operate exactually the same as they currently do. OVO should only really need to change your contract so you are charged at a flat rate at all times. Their customer service team should be able sort this over the phone, but you might have to wait to the end of your current contract