Solved

Switched today so why can't I access My OVO?

• 13 April 2018
  • 6 replies

I switched to OVO and the official date is today. I received an email around lunch time saying OVO is now supplying my energy.

When I log into my account it just says track your switch. I’m not able to access the functions of the account. How long does it take for this to get up and running?
icon

Best answer by Transparent 13 April 2018, 20:32

Hi @KLeeG,

It can take around 4-6 weeks for your My OVO account to become live.

The important thing to ensure is that you've sent your meter reading(s) to OVO. It is they who send these to ECOES, The National Meter Database. You do not need to communicate directly with your old Supplier.

If you're unable to register the meter readings online, just send them to Customer Services by email hello@ovoenergy.com.

Post back here if you're still concerned about anything...
... otherwise - Welcome to OVO! :8
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @KLeeG,

It can take around 4-6 weeks for your My OVO account to become live.

The important thing to ensure is that you've sent your meter reading(s) to OVO. It is they who send these to ECOES, The National Meter Database. You do not need to communicate directly with your old Supplier.

If you're unable to register the meter readings online, just send them to Customer Services by email hello@ovoenergy.com.

Post back here if you're still concerned about anything...
... otherwise - Welcome to OVO! :8
Well it’s now 4 days in and still the same issue!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Don't worry, @KLeeG. When I joined OVO in December it was about two weeks until all aspects of the My OVO page were fully live. It happened in two stages. I'm not sure why because I don't know all the processes that go on internally to bring up a new account.

Now that you've sent in your meter readings to OVO by email, the next important stage to watch for is the Final Bill from your Original Supplier. This should occur between 4-6 weeks after the Switch Date due to the statutory "cooling off period" on UK Financial Contracts.
Hi. Can you tell me how to change my emaill address in the new account? All I can access online is a welcome type of page for tracking the switch. I can still access my old account for everything including profile but not the new one. Will this only be accessible after the switch?
Userlevel 5
I've moved your query here, @Ian Mc. Check out the best answer at the top for more information. :)

Eva
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @Ian Mc; - worry not!

When OVO's Customer Accounts Team set up a new User-page for you, it is done in a number of stages. Not everything is immediately accessible.

There are quite a number of processes going on in the background, which us customers should remain blissfully unaware of. These include things like checking meter reference numbers and that previous occupants of a property have filed meter readings which are genuine.

The timings for these operations are dictated by Ofgem Guidelines and the Consumer Credit Act. There must be adequate time given for objections to be raised by previous occupants and/or their Energy Supplier(s). This very rarely happens, but the procedures are there to protect us all.

In the meantime you can send any Contact-details, meter readings etc to OVO by email hello@ovoenergy.com which means there is a time/date-stamped copy of what you've written.

Hope that helps.