News

How to get support and advice this festive period

• 10 December 2021
  • 2 replies
How to get support and advice this festive period
Userlevel 7

Opening hours and online support

As we approach the holiday season, I want to make sure you have all the info to hand for any questions that might crop up between now and the new year. 

When are our Support teams open?

• Our usual Support team opening hours are 08:00-18:00, Monday to Friday. See the available call and web chat options here.
  • We’re closed on the 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, and 28th of December for phone and web chat. See online help options below.
  • We’re open for calls and webchat on the 29th, and 30th.
  • On the 31st, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of January, our Support team is closed. See online help options below.
  • From the 4th, we’re back to our usual opening times. 

What do I do if I have an emergency when you’re closed?

• See our guide on emergencies for what to do with gas emergencies, carbon monoxide, power cuts, and prepayment emergencies, here.

How can I get other help online?

• Your online account can get you most places. Log in here, to see if you can make the changes you need to your OVO account yourself. 
  • This online forum is packed full of topic Q&As, have a search, or see our guide on this here. Our community members may also be about if you wanted advice from other customers. 
  • Our Help Centre has lots of resources to refer to, see this here
  • We’ve made some great online guides, see these here

Apart from that, I wanted to wish every OVO community member many seasons greetings, and I hope you all enjoy lots of positive moments whilst staying safe.  

I’ll see you on another topic!

Tim

2 replies

Hi.

I need to contact ovo about my account. When I call I get an automated message saying “sorry we are closed for Christmas Day and Boxing Day” but I have rang them several times yesterday (27th) and tried again today (28th) and still getting the same automated message!? Also the web chat seems to be unavailable?

Anyone any idea what’s going on and when they are actually available to talk to?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi there @User1234 ,

I’m afraid the office is closed today as it’s a Bank Holiday. Usually, only Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day are considered Bank Holidays around the Christmas period, but if any of those days fall on a weekend, the Bank Holiday itself gets pushed back to the following Monday and/or Tuesday, depending on whether one or both days fell at a weekend.

OVO’s Support Team will be back in the office tomorrow morning and you’ll be able to reach them via Phone and Live Chat - they’ll be around on both the 29th and 30th December. After that, the office will be closed again from the 31st December until the 3rd January 2022. Normal hours resume on the 4th January 2022.

If your query isn’t too urgent, you might be able to email it in via hello@ovoenergy.com . The response times will be slower than normal, but that will at least make sure it’s on the system.

You can also find more info right here.

As a forum volunteer, I can’t access your account myself, so please don’t post personal info on the forum. However, I might be able to point you in the right direction, so was there something in particular you needed by any chance?