Solved

Why have my usage graphs stopped updating?

• 18 February 2018
  • 62 replies

Hi, I regularly check my Usage using either the Android app or through a browser. The monthly and weekly usage charts havn't updated since the 14th February. Interestingly I can see the Daily usage for days including the 17h February so it appears my meter is communicating with OVO.

Anyone else seeing this issue or have any ideas ?

Many thanks,

Pete
icon

Best answer by Transparent 19 February 2018, 20:39

*update*

Please see this topic for more info on the removal of these real time live usage features.
View original

62 replies

Yes my daily usage is now working on both gas and electric.. see how long this lasts!!!
Userlevel 2
We've got the same problem.
Userlevel 4
Well @Transparent I am also a techie. 😃 And @Darran_OVO I agree that multiple options are always good.

May I suggest however that pushing notifications when things go wrong, negate, for me at least to contact OVO at all. Of course, such action requires a public admission of a problem.

Pathways to notifying users:

o OVO Customer Account Home Page, where it constantly tells me "You're all up to date".

o Or instead of the OVO Customer Forum Home Page, "New OVO TV advert - Have you seen it?"

o Email (you know everyone's email account).

I could go on.
Userlevel 1
There has been a lot of comment about this. It is now a frequently repeating problem and, I guess, a source of annoyance to many. Ovo need to solve this quickly or they will lose customers. They have lost the number one spot with Which (now 6th) and they are suddenly way down the list on price. Best saving to go elsewhere is £209 . I don't want to leave but I don't want to pay an extra £290 for a service that seems to be getting worse Come on Ovo. Solve this problem while you still have our goodwill.
Exactly the same with me. Stopped on 14 February, though my meter still seems to be communicating with OVO. So they presumably have an issue?
Having a similar problem, since last Wednesday no daily readings.
Userlevel 7
@Rooty

Again fair point and something we are working on at the moment. I'm hoping to do a bit of a restructure of the forum in the next week or two and will include an area where we can post updates around this type of stuff to ensure on the forum at least we are seen to be being more proactive.

I'll also pass on your feedback re the use of push notifications from the app to the product team that looks after that. Useful insight for them.

TBH, we thought this issue was resolved on Friday so didn't post anything at that point. However it's clear its not resolved hence the priority placed on this.

Darran
Userlevel 7
Hi @g4jnw Yep its not the first time we've had this feedback.

Another reason the forum is super useful to us to have this direct open conversation space with our customers.

Darran
Userlevel 7
Morning all,

To anyone effected by this usage graph fault, I've confirmed from our Tech team that they are:

"aware of this issue and working hard to fix all effected accounts ASAP. No action is needed from the customer for this fix to be put in place".

So hold fire and we'll get this sorted for you!

^Tim
Same here we have the same problem
Yes they are now, thankyou 😀
Userlevel 4
the daily usage has been missing still

Are you still experiencing this issue, @Denso1980? If so please send us a message on facebook or Twitter so we can take your acocunt details and send it over to the Tech team.

Nancy

What madness is this? On your forums, where users have an account, you are asking users to contact you via third-parties (Twitter and Facebook) when they have a problem. Really? This is how OVO operate?

I'm gobsmacked.
Userlevel 4
@Darran_OVO

Just a quick FYI: I was referring to the website portal, not app. Your website offers so much more than the (iOS) app. :D

Be good to see your changes and it's great that you are being so reactive.
Userlevel 4
Yep, mine seems to be working fine now too.

Well done OVO.
Userlevel 1
well at last someone from OVO giving positive news, i personally have suggested this more than once. Better to be an announcement on the customers page or an email as not all customers will use the forum PLUS it should save phone calls to you, providing the info is accurate.
Userlevel 1
mine too, lets hope it doesn't happen again
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
*update*

Please see this topic for more info on the removal of these real time live usage features.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Rooty,
As a fellow customer, I hear you.
I'm very much at the technical end of the spectrum, but I'm not on either Facebook or Twitter!

I do know that the same team who moderate this forum also work on the live feeds from Social Media where they have to respond very quickly.

And I also appreciate @Darran_OVO's point that none of the six Mods can see each other's Private Messages.

I actually have a preference for using email to contact companies if there's a problem. A message through online chat on the Help Centre gives me a time/date stamp of when I sent it. Moreover Customer Service staff can re-route it to someone who is in the best position to deal with it. They may already have staff members collating details about failed Usage Graphs, but I doubt I'd reach them if I tried phoning.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
That's a good point @Markrussell78.

I think the same meter readings are used quite differently by OVO for
  • Billing
  • Usage graphs
  • Forward estimates (to predict Direct Debits)

Although there's recently been a lot of reporting of Usage Graph failures, no one seems to have experienced issues with actual billed amounts.

Once SMETS2 meters start being deployed (months away yet), there is a new feature which could allow Customers to cap the amount of energy they buy within certain price-bands or time-slots. There are four separate features:
  • Time Of Use Tariffs: An extension to the existing Economy-7 concept
  • Block tariffs: Maintaining a count of how much of the consumption during a time band was consumed at different block rates
  • Load limiting: Capability to switch supply off when an ‘instantaneous use’ threshold is crossed.
  • Max demand registers: Capability to record the maximum demand in any 30 min (HH) period and during a configurable ‘peak’ period

Control of these features is effectively a complete re-write of the Usage Stats system, but with the Customer able to pre-set control parameters.

However, this is entirely separate from billing.

So there's sound reasoning as to why the meter readings are handled differently depending on what they are to be used for..
Thanks to all that responded to this post !

As of now the graphs are now working correctly so I guess OVO fixed the issue today....
Yes indeed. I presume it was a technical issue which OVO managed to eventually resolve.
My graph of gas usage stopped on January 2nd. Elec graph remained ok. I assumed a transmission problem from my gas meter to my electric meter. However, I now see that the web page for meter readings has a correct reading for January 14th. So the data is getting to Ovo but not to my usage page. Maybe a software problem at Ovo?
advice please. I should probably just ring Ovo!
Userlevel 7
Can you have a look at this thread @Ianmcgrath - might be the same issue...
The app claims to let me see historical usage as well as this year's, but it only shows me projected. The website will only show me this year's use compared with previous years' - but since it's January there is no data to display.

I'd love it if this was better - like if it had the option to show last 12 months not this calendar year!

(do any OVO people watch the forums?)
Userlevel 6
Hi @Timmo - I've moved your post onto this topic whee you can find more information about usage graphs. Hopefully you'll find this useful, feel free to ask any further questions below.