Solved

Why have I received a large bill?

HI, I have just received an email that I have a back dated bill due to an error on the way I was charged .. Now I have been asked to pay 1,686 which is a huge sum...

Why have I been offered to pay a fixed sum every month if I would get charged by mistake
icon

Best answer by Eva_OVO 10 July 2019, 10:46

It's hard to say what's happened here for sure, @sarah r, as we haven't got access to your account. There could have been an issue with the supply details, or if you had a meter exchange and we didn't get the new details. The email you've received should explain the bill you've got, and why this has happened.

We'd be happy to look into this for you, just send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. If you don't use social media, send us a message through webchat via the Help Centre.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6

It's hard to say what's happened here for sure, @sarah r, as we haven't got access to your account. There could have been an issue with the supply details, or if you had a meter exchange and we didn't get the new details. The email you've received should explain the bill you've got, and why this has happened.

We'd be happy to look into this for you, just send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. If you don't use social media, send us a message through webchat via the Help Centre.

I am receiving £2-300 electric bills per month. It's a small one bed flat, I work full time so not there half time. Can I have to some insight in to other average bills / usage and size property as mine seems ridiculous/ impossible.....

Userlevel 6

I am receiving £2-300 electric bills per month. It's a small one bed flat, I work full time so not there half time. Can I have to some insight in to other average bills / usage and size property as mine seems ridiculous/ impossible.....

Hey @Emmastar,

If you’ve got smart meters or submit regular monthly readings your statements will always be accurate, and we’ll only charge you for the energy you’ve used.

It’s also not unusual to spend more on your energy this time of year. 

Login onto My OVO to see your usage on a graph, it will also allow you to compare your usage with other homes similar to yours! :)