Solved

Why does OVO say I have smart meters when I don't?

• 6 March 2019
  • 1 reply

Does anyone know how I rectify an issue where by if in go to book an engineer for a smart meter install, for info just my gas meter, it says I'm already on smart meters so there is nothing to do..

The engineer could not install the gas meter as the previous gas engineers / plumbers had removed it and not reinstalled it, this has now been rectified so looking to get the meter installed but can't.
Cheers
icon

Best answer by Transparent 6 March 2019, 10:08

Hi @pbathuk. I think you need to send this through webchat via the Help Centre. Customer Services will bounce the message to the relevant Dept to reset the flag on your account.

There have been such problems in the past, mainly where OVO used 3rd party contractors to install meters. If the installation was successful, all was ok. But if there was a problem, there was negligible feedback as to what the issue was.

Things should be improving as OVO made a strategic change to have their own Meter engineers and has been training them intensively.

These OVO Engineers operate within the new Kaluza Division, which means that they in turn can be contracted out to fit meters for other companies. So this is a new potential revenue stream for OVO.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @pbathuk. I think you need to send this through webchat via the Help Centre. Customer Services will bounce the message to the relevant Dept to reset the flag on your account.

There have been such problems in the past, mainly where OVO used 3rd party contractors to install meters. If the installation was successful, all was ok. But if there was a problem, there was negligible feedback as to what the issue was.

Things should be improving as OVO made a strategic change to have their own Meter engineers and has been training them intensively.

These OVO Engineers operate within the new Kaluza Division, which means that they in turn can be contracted out to fit meters for other companies. So this is a new potential revenue stream for OVO.