Solved

Why are there such long wait times on Customer Service Phone Line?

• Carbon Cutter*
  • 3 replies
It never used to be this bad. I was told 4 minutes shortly after starting to hold. I've now been listening to hits of the eighties for 23 minutes!
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 14 February 2019, 13:10

Hi I have trying to get in touch about a bill I want to query but I'm either on hold for over half an hour waiting to get through or it says emergency issues only. I have submitted a contact form but have heard nothing back

Did this all get sorted in the end, @pottsi39 ?

At the time you posted this, we were super busy helping Economy Energy customers. It wasn't a good time to contact us, but we're now back on track with a calling wait time of around 10 minutes (still need to get this lower of course!) and an email response time of under 24 hours.

Thanks for bearing with us during that busy time!
View original

12 replies

Ok, it turns out that for the last ten minutes I was holding you were closed. Thanks Ovo - very efficient.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi @hjuk

If you require any help that doesn't involve your bank details I would highly recommend you post on the forum where a lot of great people can assist you with your issues 🙂
Userlevel 6
Hi @hjuk,

That's unusual, our wait times aren't usually that long. If you'd called just as we were were closing 6pm, we would still have put any customers that called on or just before this time through to an agent.

We'd like to find the call and see what happened. Please can you send the team on Facebook or Twitter a private message with your account number, full name and DoB?

Thanks,
Nancy
It did seem very strange. I called again today and it only took 5 mins. Happy to send my details by email, but not by Twitter or FB (and am surprised that you suggest sending personal details that way). What email address should I use?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @hjuk. Customer Support are available through online chat on the Help Centre

I'm unsure how they're going to track what happened to that call which didn't get answered, but I suggest you give them a fighting chance by telling them the phone number you called from!

As I said, I’m happy to do so by email but not by social media. I’m not sure that a responsible company should be encouraging their customers to transmit their petsonal details on open media.
Hi I have trying to get in touch about a bill I want to query but I'm either on hold for over half an hour waiting to get through or it says emergency issues only. I have submitted a contact form but have heard nothing back
Userlevel 7

Did this all get sorted in the end, @pottsi39 ?

At the time you posted this, we were super busy helping Economy Energy customers. It wasn't a good time to contact us, but we're now back on track with a calling wait time of around 10 minutes (still need to get this lower of course!) and an email response time of under 24 hours.

Thanks for bearing with us during that busy time!
Userlevel 1
What's happened to the telephone customer service? Yesterday I phoned at 5.20pm and was number 10 in the waiting. At about 5.55pm I was number 1 in the waiting. At 6.00pm without warning the system shut down. Not very good cutomer care is it?.
Today I've been waiting about 15 mins and still can't get through!
Userlevel 7
Not good, @RTFishall - really hope you got this sorted!? See this topic thread for info on why we've been busier!
Userlevel 1
Thanks, it’s now sorted. Just one last thing. Shouldn’t Customer Service be a 0800 Number (ie free)
Userlevel 7
Thanks, it’s now sorted. Just one last thing. Shouldn’t Customer Service be a 0800 Number (ie free)

Good to hear this is sorted, @RTFishall

The cost of calling us on this number will be the same as calling a local 01 or 02 number. If your phone contract has inclusive free minutes, the calls will be covered!