Solved

PAYM customer trying to book a smart meter appointment but My OVO thinks I'm PAYG - why?

• 13 September 2017
  • 1 reply

So I've just come on supply with Ovo on a PAYM 12mth fixed contract paid by direct debit. The my Ovo account is asking me to book a date for a smart meter to be installed, which when I click through to book it, it's talking about 'To top up online you need a smart meter...' and 'Your meter needs to communicate with us so you can topup online...' and '*due to the way Smart PAYG works, we are unable to support monthly data collection.'

This to me sounds like it wants to move me to a PAYG with a smart meter, as with a PAYM paid by direct debit, I wouldn't need to do any 'topping up'

Is this something wrong with the website, or am I getting concerned over nothing?
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 20 September 2017, 16:22

So I've just come on supply with Ovo on a PAYM 12mth fixed contract paid by direct debit. The my Ovo account is asking me to book a date for a smart meter to be installed, which when I click through to book it, it's talking about 'To top up online you need a smart meter...' and 'Your meter needs to communicate with us so you can topup online...' and '*due to the way Smart PAYG works, we are unable to support monthly data collection.'

This to me sounds like it wants to move me to a PAYG with a smart meter, as with a PAYM paid by direct debit, I wouldn't need to do any 'topping up'

Is this something wrong with the website, or am I getting concerned over nothing?

By the sounds of it, the system thinks you’re a Pay as you go customer! Do you definitely have credit meters and did you choose a Direct Debit tariff? If you did, I think our systems have just got confused.

For us to check we'll need you to message us via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy).

Lucy
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

By the sounds of it, the system thinks you’re a Pay as you go customer! Do you definitely have credit meters and did you choose a Direct Debit tariff? If you did, I think our systems have just got confused.

For us to check we'll need you to message us via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy).

Lucy