Solved

Why has my balance reduced since my account was moved from SSE to OVO? Is my opening reading incorrect?

• 11 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Just been swapped from SSE to OVO and was £150 in credit with SSE, now I’m £300 in debit with OVO as an opening balance?? Is this a mistake? How can I suddenly lose £450?

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 13 January 2022, 14:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hiya! Welcome to the forum @Digihaz . :)

That seems a bit strange to me. Have you checked your Final Bill and Final Balance from SSE by any chance? It should all match up with your Opening Readings with OVO, but you’ll need to check your SSE online account, which will remain active for around six months from now.

If things don’t look right, then this can be looked into. As I’m a forum volunteer, I don’t have access to your account myself, but I know who you can reach out to for this. OVO has set up a dedicated SSE migration team who are handling things like this, and you can reach them directly on 0345 071 7972 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.

If needed, they’ll also be able to apply a balance correction to get things back on track.

Hope this helps. If you a need a hand with anything else, please feel free to stop by.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Digihaz,

Sounds like you’ve noticed a bit of a jump in your balance around the time your account was moved from SSE to OVO

As our community volunteer, @Blastoise186, has suggested it might be worth re-checking the balance shown on your final SSE bill as this should match your opening balance shown on your initial OVO summary. Our dedicated migration Support Team can take a closer look at your account if things still don’t seem to add up. As this is something we’ve had raised here by other recently migrated SSE members we’ve also passed your feedback on to the team to make sure the advice you’ve received about the transfer of your account balance is clear enough.

I hope this helps get things straightened out - Do pop back if you need any more help finding your way around your new OVO online account. :slight_smile:

I don’t have any bills from October onwards, there’s a 3 month gap where apparently I used £450 worth of electric in 3 months when usually I use £100

My reading in October was 10338 in October and in the January bill it says the last reading was 117.

Userlevel 7

I don’t have any bills from October onwards, there’s a 3 month gap where apparently I used £450 worth of electric in 3 months when usually I use £100

At what point was your account moved over to OVO, @Digihaz

Even following the move to OVO you should still be able to access up to 2 years of your previous SSE bills via the ‘Billing history’ page of your OVO online account, so if there’s a few months of missing billing here we’d advise giving the Support Team a call on 0345 071 7972 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.

My reading in October was 10338 in October and in the January bill it says the last reading was 117.

The team should be able to help sort out any potential migration meter reading discrepancies too as something certainly doesn’t seem right here. 

We’re keen to hear an update once you’ve spoken to the team - by sharing any solutions offered or actions taken on your account you can help others reading this to understand the migration journey better.

Hope the team can get this one sorted out quickly for you. :thumbsup: