Solved

Which is the correct start date?

• 30 September 2017
  • 7 replies

I recently signed up to ovo , start date was meant to be 25th Oct ...... however ovo put it at 17th Oct
No response when contacting ovo to correct this , why ?

icon

Best answer by stateofit 30 September 2017, 19:32

View original

7 replies

I recently signed up to ovo , start date was meant to be 25th Oct ...... however ovo put it at 17th Oct
No response when contacting ovo to correct this , why ?
Userlevel 3

Updated on 11/08/21 by Jess_OVO

Great to hear about your upcoming switch to OVO

Sounds like you’ve already received your Welcome Pack which lets you know the exact date that your supply will switch over.

This switching date is scheduled around 3 - 4 weeks from the date that you signed up. We’ll request the switch on the next available date regardless of when the contract with your previous supplier ends. Don’t worry though, as you’re in the last 7 weeks of this contract you won’t be charged any exit fees for leaving a few days early. 

If you haven’t already taken a look, the best way to monitor your switch and submit your opening meter readings when the time comes is via your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS).

Can’t wait to have you onboard!:deciduous_tree:

Not yet an OVO member? - Check out our plans!

Won’t I need to pay a fee if I leave my old supplier early , that would be my worry

Thank you for replying x
Userlevel 3
No energy company can charge an exit fee in the last 7 weeks of a contract. OfGem allow a 49 day renewal window, so you can shop around / look at renewal offers and get the best deal...

So you're safe x
Thank you , that has put my mind at rest
Ovo start to supply my dual fuel on 9th March. Just had an email from current supplier saying they will stop supply on 6th March!?
Hey @troonlady

I've moved your query over to an existing topic on supply start dates.

It sounds like there may be a typo here somewhere - but I can double check for you. If you could send me your full address in a PM, I'll check your official switch date on the National Database.

Cheers,
Emily