Solved

Where can I find the SSE Feed in Tariff (FiT) change of ownership form?

• 21 January 2022
  • 32 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi. Hope someone can help. We’re just about to complete the sale of our house, solar panels and FIT tariff included. SSE are who we have our FIT account with at the moment, but I can’t find a change of ownership form anywhere on their website. Have spent over an hour waiting for SSE to answer the phone this morning to get them to send us one with no luck. Would we be able to use the OVO change of ownership form to give to our buyers as it is easily found on the OVO website.

TIA   

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 24 January 2022, 15:26

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Smudge !

Good question. :)

In theory, you might be able to use the OVO version for the form for this, but it does come with the risk that it might accidentally choke the process or slow things down. I can’t seem to find the SSE version either, which is unusual.

The good news however, is that you’re in the right place. Let me ask @Tim_OVO and @Jess_OVO to cast some magic spells for you. They might be able to uncover the one you’re after!

Good luck with the move! Please also make sure to notify SSE that you’re moving out as well, so they can close down your supply account. The form at https://mymove.sse.co.uk/ should do the trick for the supply account, but it can’t handle FiT/SEG.

Hope this helps. Hang in there for a bit and we’ll try to track down the other form.

Userlevel 2

Thanks very much for the quick response. We definitely DON’T want to do anything that’ll slow things down, as we accepted the offer 5 months ago!! A combination of useless solicitors and estate agents make things move glacially. I’ll hang in there, don’t worry :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries.

I’ve just done a deep dive into the OVO version of the form, and I’m afraid it’s probably not valid if your FiT Account is with SSE as there’s OVO Specific references in there. I’m not a lawyer myself, but I’m almost certain that using the OVO version for an SSE managed account would make the form invalid.

I also managed to dig up the general terms and conditions for the SSE FiT scheme and… It just says to contact them if you’re moving out but doesn’t say how.

I’ll keep looking just in case.

Userlevel 2

Thanks again. It’s the getting in contact that’s the problem. I live abroad atm, so hour long unanswered phone calls are less than ideal and it takes them upwards of a week to reply to emails. Thanks for trying anyway and I’ll keep an eye out in case you turn anything else up as I’ve pretty much tried everything I can think of.

Best wishes

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Well, I did manage to find something that’s SSE branded and looks like a FiT Change of Ownership form… Except it’s a bit… Ancient…

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/7d0ed300/files/uploaded/sse-fit-application-form.pdf

I also have no idea whether that particular form is still valid because it was from FiT Year 4. So while it’s for the right company, I still have the problem of not knowing if it’d work due to age. Tim or Jess might be able to figure this out though.

Userlevel 2

Thanks again. I should have said I had found *a* form, but this one doesn’t really seem to apply to change of ownership in the way the forms most other energy firms seem to have. 

Please don’t spend too much time on this as, like me, you’ll probably end up chasing your tail for hours on end - but thanks very much for trying :thumbsup:

Userlevel 7

Updated on 19/05/22 by Jess_OVO

Sorry to her about the difficulty you’ve had finding that SSE Feed-In-Tariff ‘Change of Ownership’ form.

I’ve checked this one with the OVO FiT team who have confirmed that it will be an SSE specific form you’ll need to complete. If you’re still having trouble finding this online they’ve suggested contacting the SSE FiT team on micro.generation@sseenergyservices.com.

Hope this info helps get this one sorted. :slight_smile:

Userlevel 2

Ok I have an update. Solicitor handling our conveyancing managed to get through to SSE and they have sent her the forms. Very specifically change of ownership forms - one for seller and one for buyer. Definitely not found on their website, but we can proceed at last. Unfortunately as I’ve never managed to get through to anyone at SSE, I can’t ask them to make their change of ownership forms easier to find on their website. 

Many thanks to everyone who has helped with this, you’re all diamonds!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries! Glad we could help. I’ve made a note of this for myself as well, just in case anyone else ever gets stuck in the same way.

In some ways, this problem will eventually resolve itself due to the SSE to OVO Migration, since I believe all FiT and SEG Accounts will probably get migrated as well at some point. But in the meantime, I can definitely ask Tim and Jess if they’re able to pass this back to the SSE team as feedback.

And if I’m being completely honest… That ancient FiT Year 4 application form probably could do with being taken down...

I am about to move house and need to transfer my FIT payments to the new owner. I can’t find anything or form on the SSE website to help me. Can somebody advise what to do?

Userlevel 7

Hi @Greg Southgate and welcome to the OVO online community,

Sounds like your Feed-In Tariff agreement is currently with SSE meaning you’ll need to complete the SSE FiT Change of ownership form. We’ve covered how best to find this in the thread above.

Hi there, we have a similar issue - in that we are purchasing a property that has solar panels and an existing FIT with SSE, but the purchasing of the property is via an estate that is subject to probate, i.e. we need the executors of the estate to complete the transfer. At the moment neither solicitor seems to be able to supply the correct forms?

Can I please ask to be forward copies of the forms mentioned above - or a link to them?

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @HThomas ,

I think SSE can provide you copies on request if you send an email to micro.generation@sseenergyservices.com .

If you get stuck, stop by this thread again and I’ll ask a moderator for help.

Thanks for info - I have sent them an email - so hopefully I hear back. Thanks for your offer of help to sort this - much appreciated.

Userlevel 2

Hi, hopefully you’ll hear back soon. I have here on my computer a pristine copy of the change of ownership form for sellers (which we were) so I’m not sure it’s of much use to you as buyers. However, if you’d like me to send it to you anyway, drop me a pm and I’ll email it to you. 

Good luck with it🤞

Hi I seem to be struggling to find the forms online and getting through on the phone is impossible . Does anybody have a link or a file they could send me for the transfer of ownership forms please there's a real possibility this is going to hold up my house sale even further . Thanks in advance .Blue.

Userlevel 7

This might be the topic you’re after, @Blue:

Thanks Tim I have actually now managed to get through to SSE and was informed that the forms are not on the website . But she did email me both the sellers and buyers forms over . Also thanks to smudgy another member who emailed me over a copy . 👍

I am having the same issue. What contact number did you use to get through to SSE? 

Hi Davids the number I used : 0345 076 7634 I was on hold for around 45 minutes I think this is the number direct to the fit team once I got through they were very helpful just the waiting 🤯 good luck also I have sent over a copy to smudgy who is kindly forwarding them to people having the same problem. Good luck 👍

Userlevel 2

Hi again. For anyone that might need them now, or in future, I have copies of forms for both buyers and sellers (thanks to Blue on this forum for the buyers copy 👍) which might save peeps waiting endlessly for SSE to answer email/phones. More than happy to forward them via email - just drop me a PM with your email address. 

Thank you so much Blue, and especially for the exceptional speed of your response! 

Also, smudgy has sent me a form, which is the buyers form. I could use both buyers and sellers I think as I am the seller and I can pass on the other form to my (potential) buyer via my solicitor. However now I have a phone number and an email address to contact the right part of SSE which is an enormous improvement!

Userlevel 2

Hi again David. I did actually send you the seller form first, but perhaps you didn’t see it. Anyway, hopefully both forms now on their way to you

Best wishes

Your very welcome . Just trying to help as others have done for me 👍. I am doing the same regarding the form for my buyers as I can't risk things taking any longer . Good luck with your sale.

Userlevel 2

Your very welcome . Just trying to help as others have done for me 👍. I am doing the same regarding the form for my buyers as I can't risk things taking any longer . Good luck with your sale.

We did the same re getting the buyers form to our buyers - the good news is, that for us at any rate, this was pretty much the last hoop we had to jump through to get the sale completed, albeit it did hold things up for a couple of weeks whilst we got the forms organised.