Question

SSE to OVO January Energy Support not received

• 23 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello.  I moved from SSE to OVO on 5th January 2023. My last payment to SSE was on 9th January by direct debit. 

I have not received the £66 energy support for January. With SSE the payment came to my bank account a few days after my direct debit was paid. 

My account balance etc with OVO is correct but I can't contact SSE for this payment as my account is migrated to OVO.

It really shouldn't be difficult to get the payment when it is a Government supported scheme.

Has anyone else encountered this? OVO seem uninterested and say it's down to SSE. SSE belongs to OVO!

Any advice please?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It’s possible the EBSS credit will be transferred to OVO automatically. I’d hang in there a bit longer and see what happens with the final bill from SSE.

Thanks Blastoise186. I don't seem to have much choice.

I appreciate your reply. It's good to have a customer forum but quite unacceptable for customers to have to resort to it when SSE and OVO will not even help.

Userlevel 6

Hey @MD240,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

As your recent direct debit went to SSE, I would assume your payment from the government will have gone to SSE. 

Once you are final billed, this credit balance should get migrated across to OVO.

Hope this helps. 

Hey @MD240,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

As your recent direct debit went to SSE, I would assume your payment from the government will have gone to SSE. 

Once you are final billed, this credit balance should get migrated across to OVO.

Hope this helps. 

My final bill from SSE came a few weeks ago. It is viewable on my OVO app. It is frustrating that even though OVO now own SSE they are still being referred to as separate entities. I have called OVO to query this and I was told to ring SSE. I have tried 5/6 different numbers but they are all OVO numbers, as I will repeat again, they are the same company!

There is no communication on the SSE or OVO websites or social medias about delays in this payment.

It is 15 days since I paid my last direct debit and still no sign of the Government payment. I reiterate that my OVO account balance is correct. There is no issue there. The lack of communication is disgraceful. These are difficult times and the lifeline that the Government has given us is being managed appallingly by your company and the forced migration has obviously had an effect on this payment.

Looks like a complaint is the only way that I will be able to get a definitive reason (read: excuse) for this unacceptable delay and lack of clarity.

Userlevel 6

Hey @MD240,

Unfortunately OVO and SSE aren’t the same company, we have different internal billing systems and bank details. So any payments made to SSE will need to be migrated across to OVO.

OVO’s customer services don’t have any visibility of SSE’s internal systems so we wouldn’t be able to see if this payment has been received by SSE. We do have a team who deal with SSE migrations so this can be raised to them to chase up with SSE. 

But that doesn’t make your experience any less frustrating, I’d advise calling SSE on this number 0345 070 7373. They should be able to confirm if they’ve received the payment and when this will be migrated across to OVO. 

Hope this helps, please keep us posted with how you get on. 

Hey @MD240,

Unfortunately OVO and SSE aren’t the same company, we have different internal billing systems and bank details. So any payments made to SSE will need to be migrated across to OVO.

OVO’s customer services don’t have any visibility of SSE’s internal systems so we wouldn’t be able to see if this payment has been received by SSE. We do have a team who deal with SSE migrations so this can be raised to them to chase up with SSE. 

But that doesn’t make your experience any less frustrating, I’d advise calling SSE on this number 0345 070 7373. They should be able to confirm if they’ve received the payment and when this will be migrated across to OVO. 

Hope this helps, please keep us posted with how you get on. 

I called the number given 0345 070 7373 and again it was an OVO number. I managed to get transferred to an SSE employee. They said the payment would be in my bank account by the end of January. That is today and the money is not there.

I have called OVO once more and my details have apparently been added to a form to claim the payment from SSE.

This is absolutely out of order now. Why can't someone from OVO take up my problem and work to rectify this. What does this migration team actually do? 

People are given this help by the government because they need it. I am unable to work because of anxiety and depression and this has made my life more difficult than it should be.

I am really disgusted at this matter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If it is due to land in your bank account today, it could show up anytime before 7PM. Try checking your account from 8PM onwards.