Solved

Moving Home into a house supplied by SSE - how to set up an account with them?

• 15 August 2022
  • 3 replies

I’ve just purchased a new home which means I can finally move out of my parents house.  The new home is supplied by SSE but trying to get through to discuss the supply is a nightmare.  How do I go about updating the details here?  I’m currently position 47 in a live chat queue but need to take my son out in a bit.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Jeffus 16 August 2022, 08:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’ve just purchased a new home which means I can finally move out of my parents house.  The new home is supplied by SSE but trying to get through to discuss the supply is a nightmare.  How do I go about updating the details here?  I’m currently position 47 in a live chat queue but need to take my son out in a bit.

Thanks!

Hi @spockle9

Did you try this? 

https://homemoves.ovoenergy.com/move-in?utm_source=SSE+HM&utm_medium=HomeMovesSSEIN&utm_campaign=MoveIn+Redirect

It is a form on SSE website for moving in. Of course it may ultimately tell you to phone up. 

Good afternoon on this solum day,

I moved into my property almost a month ago, i have contacted SSE and OVO using the moving in features, i have given up with phoning as it seems to be an automatic 20 min wait. 

I cannot simply seem to get anything started, all i simply need is an account to place my direct debit onto and get billing going. 

OVO/SSE already supply this property under the original tennant. 

is there any other process that is currently working? 

Kind Regards

Paul Reid

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @PReid ,

You do need to phone in to set up an account at the moment as verbal confirmation is needed. The wait times should be a lot shorter today as things have calmed down