Solved

Moving from SSE to OVO - Why can't I access my previous bills or usage data from SSE?

• 31 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Hi,

I have been moved over from SSE to OVO (on 10th Dec). I have a couple of issues:

1.  I cannot download my previous SSE bills - when I try to do so i get a donwload error - file does no exist.
  2. My usage data form SSE is not present - only the smart meter data from 10th Dec (when I was moved over is available). Is this data no longer accessible (I want to do comparisons of usage).

Thanks for you help.

Ian

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 17 January 2022, 14:37

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi there @Ian_M !

Welcome to OVO. I’m one of the forum volunteers here, so I’m afraid I can’t access your account, but I think I know the solution for this.

The transfer from SSE to OVO is treated like any other Change of Supplier process, so I’m afraid there’s no way to directly migrate your historical usage data over. It might still exist in your old SSE online account and you’ll still have access for another six months or so. If not, there are third party apps such as Loop, Hildebrand Bright or the Chameleon Integration with Samsung SmartThings which might be able to retrieve all your usage data directly from the meters. These are outside of OVO’s platform though, so OVO’s own Support Team wouldn’t be able to help you if you get stuck. You might be able to get help via the forum though.

As for the download error, is that on your SSE online account, it might just be a case that the bill isn’t ready yet or the server is getting overloaded. Don’t worry, OVO’s Support Team can probably retrieve it for you and email you a copy if that helps. The office is now closed for the New Year, but it will be back open again from the 4th January 2022.

The good news is that because you’ve been migrated over from SSE, a dedicated team will be on hand to help you out with this issue. The easiest way to reach them will be over the phone on 0345 0260 712 as that number gets straight through. Alternatively, if you don’t mind waiting a while you can also email hello@ovoenergy.com and someone will get back to you when the office re-opens.

Just so you know, your SSE credit balances should appear in MyOVO soon if they haven’t already and you’ll see them as a credit. You’ll also only get a single account balance and Direct Debit from now on, but OVO will honour any existing fixed rate deal and payment terms that you had with SSE. MyOVO also uses a more “real-time” based billing platform so your account balance will update daily to account for the most recent Standing Charges and meter readings. If you happen to submit a manual reading, your balance will also update within 90 seconds. You’ll still get the usual bills as well, but I find it helps me keep track more easily.

If you need a hand with anything else, please feel free to stop by anytime. This thread will also remain open for as long as you need it.

There’s also an FAQ which might help to answer any other questions related to the migration, right over here. If you’re still unsure about anything, we’ll be happy to answer your questions.

Happy New Year!

Hi there,

this isn’t what I was told by OVO support.

I was told they were just still transferring the historic data over.

and this isn’t like any other transfer over… we weren’t given any choice in it.  SSE has become part of OVO, and therefore should be able to transfer that data over.

can we get confirmation either way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Ade_m !

Thanks for stopping by. While my answer was correct at the time based on what I knew, it looks like things might have changed a bit over the last few months. I’ll get @Tim_OVO and @Jess_OVO to double check for you to get the latest info. We’ll make sure this thread gets updated to reflect any changes if there have been any.

Bear with us for a bit and we’ll keep you posted.

Thanks

Userlevel 7

Updated on 19/05/22 by Jess_OVO

Just popping in here to let you know that I’ve taken this one away to the migration team to double-check exactly which data is transferred across when you join us from SSE.

We know that you should see up to 2 years worth of your previous SSE bills via the billing history page of your new online OVO account, so if you’re having trouble viewing or downloading these reach out to our Support Team who can check for any technical issues on your account.

Whilst the SSE bills will be accessible via the ‘Billing History’ pages of your OVO online account, at the moment the OVO usage pages will only show you your usage data since the date your account joined OVO. For historic usage data we’d advise logging in to your SSE online account which should remain active following the move.

Hope this helps clear things up. :ok_hand:

Userlevel 7

Back with an update from the team on what exactly you should expect to see following the move of your accounts, @Ade_m and @Ian_M.

Whilst the SSE bills will be accessible via the ‘Billing History’ pages of your OVO online account, at the moment the OVO usage pages will only show you your usage data since the date your account joined OVO. For historic usage data we’d advise logging in to your SSE online account which should remain active for 6 months following the move.

Hope this helps clear things up. :ok_hand:

Thanks, but SSE site doesn’t have any of my data.

Having said that, I haven’t tried recently.

OVO have take over my account from SSE but all my old meter reads have disappeared. the only one they have is from May 2021, I gave sse reads right up until OVO took over. where are these reads? Anyone else had this? Am I going to be smacked with a huge increase because they don’t have my previous reads?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya @TWVC2012 ,

This might be a bit tricky for me to help with as I’m not allowed to access your account as a forum volunteer. I’ll ask @Jess_OVO to stop by when she’s free.

However, it might just be a case that the data is still migrating, which can take a couple of weeks. If I can find a more exact answer in the FAQs, I’ll let you know.