Solved

Moving from SSE to OVO - When should I receive my Welcome pack and billing schedule info?

• 27 January 2022
  • 20 replies

Hi All

I have noticed in the past that OVO logo was appearing on my SSE quarterly bills (gas and elec) and there was a ‘switch’ imminent.

I presumed this would just be the removal of SSE logo and the switch would be seamless and i would continue to get my quarterly gas and elec PDF bill.

The process was great, i would receive an email fromm SSE hat they were due, i would log in online to SSE, amend each bill with a meter reading, a new quarterly bill would be generated and i would simply pay with my CCard. 

SIMPLE.

I received an email from SSE on 25/01/22 stating my quarterly gas bill was due (no elec???), so i proceeded to log on online only to find i am now with OVO and i am unable to view my quarterly bills! 
I would receive them in January, April, July and October.

I followed the prompts and created a new password/OVO log in and now i’m totally lost??

I can no longer view my QUARTERLY bills for Gas and Elec??

I can not see usage for my Gas or Elec, there is just an  and how amount i owe!!!!

The past bills/history make NO sense whatsoever and in my readings history it has -

Elec -a reading for the 25/01/22
Gas -a reading for the 25/01/22 PLUS it goes back Oct, Nov and Dec.

The readings seem to be about right although they state they are ‘estimates’, i had to untick the box to view them.

My question is am i still on quarterly billing? 
Why can i not view how much i have used in gas or elec, why are they jumbled together to make it confusing/misleading to monitor individual usage?
When do i need to give meter readings and when does it ‘update’ the system?
When do i need to pay??

Non of it makes sense to me, it was brilliant under SSE with simple quarterly bills as i first stated, now it seems an absolute mess imo!!

I’m to scared to even enter a current meter reading atm as i don’t have quarterly bill as i used to…..

Is there a way to continue on quarterly billing? Even if its by post as i hate using phone/laptops/tech.

Any advice much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 27 January 2022, 17:50

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7

Updated on 19/05/22 by Jess_OVO

Sorry to hear you’ve been surprised when logging in to your SSE online account to find out your account has recently been moved to OVO. This change should have been clearly communicated to you in the weeks leading up to the move, so if you didn’t receive the email or letter advising you of the upcoming move, I understand that you’ve been left confused, with many unanswered questions.

We’ve put together some SSE to OVO FAQs here, which might help to answer a few of the queries you’ve raised:

I’m with SSE, how do I know if I’ve moved to OVO?

If you’re with SSE for your energy, over time, we’ll be moving your account to OVO. All of us are working hard to make the move as smooth as possible, and you will be updated every step of the way. But in the meantime, here’s what you can expect:

1. While SSE is preparing to move your account, you’ll get a letter or an email to let you know. It will include all the important details about what to expect from the move. You may have even received this already, and if you haven’t you don’t need to do anything -- SSE will be in touch when it’s time.
  2. When your move has started, if you have an SSE online account, you’ll see a message confirming this when you log in.

Your move should take around two to three weeks. This will be confirmed in your next SSE bill which will also contain key information about your new OVO account. If it doesn’t, there’s nothing to worry about -- it just means we’re still getting your new account ready.

1. Once you’ve moved over to us, we will be in touch to tell you everything you need to know. You'll also be able to activate your OVO online account here. If you’ve got an SSE online account and log in, you’ll see a message with a handy link to get started.

And that’s it! There’s nothing more you need to do. The move won’t interrupt your supply and won’t affect your meter(s). You’ll still enjoy the same friendly, reliable service too.

How will I get my bills when I’m with OVO?

At OVO we like to keep things simple. We'll send you a bill every month or every three months, which will cover your energy use for the last billing period. We’ll let you know how often you can expect to receive your bill before you move to OVO.

If we supply you with gas and electricity, we’ll combine both into one simple bill, so you’ll be able to see each, side by side. This is different to your SSE bills, where you might be used to receiving separate quarterly bills for your gas and electricity.

If you haven't activated your online account yet, just head here to get started.

To see more about your bills, have a look around our handy guide here.

If you’re missing that welcome email which would confirm whether you’ll be billed monthly or quarterly with OVO, it’s worth giving our dedicated migration team a call on 0345 0260 712. They’ll also be able to advise the best date to submit your meter readings and make a payment.

I hope this helps clears things up! 

Thanks Jess_OVO

I have had a little read and can now see that i will no longer be able to see ow much i now pay or owe individually for gas or elec, which i find VERY misleading tbh….

I am also non the wiser if i will receive a quarterly bill or if bills will be generated?
Or do i just make a payment when i like, it’s still confusing tbh.

Can anyone just clear those points up? 

The online ‘chat’ is absolutely pointless as it’s just a general BOT.

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya!

I can answer those for you. If you had paper bills before with SSE, you’ll still get paper bills with OVO as this preference should have carried over automatically, along with your quarterly billing preference if that’s what you’ve been used to. While you’ll now make combined payments, the bills will still show a full breakdown with both fuels individually, along with the costs for each so you can still see what you’ve spent. The way that you make payments is the only thing that’s affected. Please carry on making payments as you did before - any payments made between receiving bills will be put towards them.

If this doesn’t happen somehow, don’t worry. The Support Team can force it through for you. The live chat isn’t just a bot, but the bot will usually answer first. If it can’t help you, then it will automatically summon help from an agent who will then take over once they connect.

Alternatively, you can phone the team instead. The regular number is 0330 303 5063, but as you’ve migrated from SSE, you may find 0345 026 0712 easier as it’ll get through to a dedicated team who are handling newly migrated accounts.

Userlevel 7

I am also non the wiser if i will receive a quarterly bill or if bills will be generated?
Or do i just make a payment when i like, it’s still confusing tbh.

If you had paper bills before with SSE, you’ll still get paper bills with OVO as this preference should have carried over automatically, along with your quarterly billing preference if that’s what you’ve been used to.

Yep @bilabonic your account will be staying on quarterly billing, or we’ll have sent you an email to confirm the change to monthly and what this means. As you mentioned not knowing about this migration to OVO, I’d recommend you check your email account’s spam/junk folder, in case our contact with you are being diverted there. 

As for any other questions, we’ve got you covered. Those FAQs that Jess mentioned, this forum, that dedicated Support team if you need someone to take a look at the account: 0345 026 0712. Whatever works for you, we’re there to make this transition as smooth as possible. We think you’ll love our online account features as well!

Thanks for the reply Tim_OVO

I can’t find any emails tbh, i just have the one from SSE about my Gas bill ready to be viewed and ended up here.

I entered my meter readings as well as they were estimates, gas went in fine and usage updated.
Elec went in buy it shows error on usage/unable to view? As i stated above my gas readings go back to last Oct but my elec just shows an estimate for the Jan 25th, so when  entered a new reading it went negative?? It has NOT taking into account the last reading was October 2021….
It also states on main page ‘

Your energy usage

Sorry, we’re having trouble showing this right now. Please check back later.

Plus on bills it states ‘

Billing for 24 – 24 Jan 2022

Your charges for this period were xxxx. We’re processing your energy usage and your downloadable bill should be available soon.

Bill pending’ ?? 

So i can i resume they are still calculating it, even though i always update/pay on or around the 25th of January.

Plus the billing history is all mumbo jumbo, makes NO sense at all as some are £0.36 for a quarter and when i go to ‘Download Bill’ i get a blank screen with ‘

default backend - 404’

I’ll install the app later see what that states, it just seems like i’m waiting on a bill atm.

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ahh… That… Shouldn’t happen…

This suggests to me that there’s possible data corruption on your account, which is probably going to need manual repairs from the Support Team. As I don’t have access to your account, I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to trace the issue myself.

Another little update.

I have installed the OVO app on my mobile and that has all my past quarterly readings going back 2 years quarterly. The billing history is exact/correct.

I am also able to select any one and ‘download bill’ and a PDF appears of the exact bill so my usage is there BUT only via my mobile.

Meter readings are still the same though, only one for elec and 4 for gas???

It also states that my readings are up to date and that next reading is due on 24 Feb 2022, so it’s monthly i presume or should it state next reading due 24th April/quarterly?

How can they have all my previous for 2 years and yet only have one meter reading for elec and 4 for gas?

Seems like i will be on the phone Monday, i just want a bill tbh to pay it and get it out of the way!

Thanks

Well i’ve had my Welcome To Ovo email 7am this morning…..

Plus i now have no surname and it’s addressed to my First and middle name initials. :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Oops… That’s a bit strange.

Not to worry, at least that email came through successfully! If you have a chat with the Support Team in the morning, they can fix your account details so that it’s correct for the future.

i have still nt had my first OVO bill after the switch from SSE, and no details on the move from SSE?

Anyone else had this situation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey there @Byron53 ,

Sorry about that! I’m Blastoise186 by the way, an OVO member and one of the forum volunteers here. I’m afraid I can’t access your account myself and we’re unable to make any changes here, but I can give you some advice that might help.

There seems to have been a bit of a minor bug recently that may have affected a few migrated SSE customers, but the Support Team are able to take a look and manually generate a bill for you if needed. If you give them a call on 0345 0260 712 they’ll be happy to take a look for you. This number goes through to the team handling migrated SSE customers as well, so they should know how to handle this.

Hope this helps. If you still get stuck, feel free to stop by.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Byron53 and welcome to the OVO online community,

Just in case you hadn’t spotted it we’ve had a similar question asked here previously:

I’m with SSE, how do I know if I’ve moved to OVO?

If you’re with SSE for your energy, over time, we’ll be moving your account to OVO. All of us are working hard to make the move as smooth as possible, and you will be updated every step of the way. But in the meantime, here’s what you can expect:

1. While SSE is preparing to move your account, you’ll get a letter or an email to let you know. It will include all the important details about what to expect from the move. You may have even received this already, and if you haven’t you don’t need to do anything -- SSE will be in touch when it’s time.
  2. When your move has started, if you have an SSE online account, you’ll see a message confirming this when you log in.

Your move should take around two to three weeks. This will be confirmed in your next SSE bill which will also contain key information about your new OVO account. If it doesn’t, there’s nothing to worry about -- it just means we’re still getting your new account ready.

1. Once you’ve moved over to us, we will be in touch to tell you everything you need to know. You'll also be able to activate your OVO online account here. If you’ve got an SSE online account and log in, you’ll see a message with a handy link to get started.

And that’s it! There’s nothing more you need to do. The move won’t interrupt your supply and won’t affect your meter(s). You’ll still enjoy the same friendly, reliable service too.

Have you managed to get logged in to your new OVO online account yet?

I too have just been moved from SSE.  Prior to this the SSE website gave reassuring comments not to worry you will be informed every step of the way, which showed up when I logged into my SSE account. I pay my bill quarterly on demand and have done so for over 10 years with SSE.  On receipt of the email from SSE a week or so before the date the fill is due I sent both gas and electricity readings to SEE.  

I  submitted both readings on receipt of the SSE email for the quarter Feb to May 2022.  After about 2 weeks I logged onto my account to see that I owed £xxx for electricity and £000 for gas.

After many phone calls to SEE it transpired that the gas reading was not entered through the system so the advisor entered it manually.  Again no bills had been received.  I logged into my account to check if the gas amount due was showing - not.  I logged in to my account again to see that  £xxx for gas  had showed.  Still no bills received online.. As the account  payment date was now overdue I paid both the £xxxs showing for gas & electric..  I have never been a late payer. Although I had quarterly billing I read both gas and electric maters manually and log onto a spreadsheet to track my usage and work out the weekly cost of Kw hours used to check to keep a running log of usage/cost over the 3 months.  This suits my personal financial management and I feel I should have the right to continue with quarterly billing as it was not my choice to move to OVO..

I logged in to SSE after paying the ills to see that my account was now moved to OVO.  I have never received a welcome pack..  So, I went onto the OVO website and managed to set up my  new online account.  So at this point I saw that my account was £xx in debit because the gas bill reading was estimated..  Despite having input the reading both manually and by the SSE customer advisor.  

The point of this saga is that it is likely the migration of thousands of accounts takes time. and no doubt issues will be sorted.  The OVO Customer Services staff I have spoken with are very reassuring and helpful with my many many questions 

However, I am not happy to be told that OVO only have monthly accounts - customers from SSE should have been the given the choice.   Or at the most been told at the outset of the merger that this was company policy so at the time of the merger (many months ago) so  customers from SSE  could have at least been given the opportunity to re-arrange any financial arrangements for paying their energy accounts or at the time been able to switch companies.  

I am sure I am not the only SSE migrant customer who wishes to retain payment by quarterly billing so Hopefully OVO will be looking into this once the process is settled.

Thanks

EJK

Userlevel 7

Hi @ejk - Welcome to OVO and to our online community.

Firstly I’m so sorry to hear that you didn’t receive your OVO Welcome Pack. We’d expect this to be sent out in the weeks before your account is moved so I’ve arranged for us to collect some account details via a Private Message here. You can find your message inbox by heading to the top right-hand corner of any forum page. Once we’ve checked your account details we can investigate the cause of your missing welcome pack to make sure any potential technical issues are fixed.

I understand that your billing schedule may have changed following the move and this may take some adjustments to your previous budgeting. We’ve explained the reasons behind this change in the topic below. 

I hope this helps explain the change. 

Hi, can someone advise what to do if I haven’t received a welcome pack? My Sse account was moved to Ovo 3 weeks ago and since I have issues with log in. I don’t have an Ovo Id either. 

Userlevel 1

I didn’t get a welcome pack. Spent a month trying to find out what was going on. Good luck. 

Userlevel 7

Sorry to hear you’re missing your OVO Welcome pack, @cs.illa4.

This should have been emailed out to you in the weeks before your switch, so I’m wondering whether it might have ended up in a junk folder. If you’ve double-checked and still can’t see it I’d recommend getting in touch with our Support Team. They be able to confirm the email address we’ve got registered on your account and re-send the welcome info if needed.

I hope this helps get things sorted.

I was very surprised to get an email from OVO asking me to click on a link to get my energy supply account with them set up. I ignored it as I thought it was a scam, as I had received my usual email from SSE letting me know the details of my new bill. I have now received another email from OVO saying my account with SSE has been switched to them. Why didn’t SSE tell me my account was being moved?  It might have been nice to have been given the choice of agreeing to the switch, or choosing another supplier!  Not very impressed. 

Userlevel 7

Hi @JA95 and welcome to the OVO online community,

Firstly I’m so sorry for any confusion caused by your recent move from SSE to OVO. We’d usually expect you to receive an email or letter in the weeks leading up to your move, so I’m sorry this might have been missed in your case. If you haven’t already it’s worth double-checking the junk folder of the email address you had registered to your SSE account just in case our welcome email ended up there.

If you’ve had a good look and still cant see this we’d recommend getting in touch with our Support Team to report this. They can double-check the contact details on your account are correct and re-send the welcome info if needed.

I hope this helps get things back on track.

Thank you for your reply, I have received a welcome email from OVO but that was after my account had been moved.  I’m just trying to understand why SSE gave no warning about the move, and didn’t provide options in the event that customers didn’t want to be moved to OVO.