F.A.Q.

Moving from SSE to OVO - when can I access my OVO online account?

• 11 October 2021
  • 2 replies
Moving from SSE to OVO - when can I access my OVO online account?
Userlevel 7

Updated on 14/04/22 by Jess_OVO

SSE, OVO and your online account 

Quick and easy to activate, an online account makes managing and paying for energy simple. Once the move to OVO is complete, we’ll get in touch to let customers know they can set up their online account. You can activate your account by entering your email address here.

If you haven’t registered an email address on your energy account before, we’ll ask you to confirm a few more details before you set your password.

Do OVO have an app?

Yes we do! Our app is available for Android and IOS devices. It’s rated 4.7* on the Apple Store and 4.4* on the Google Play Store.

You can download it from the Apple Store here, or Google Play here.

What can I do on the OVO app?

The OVO app is the easiest way to manage your energy on the go. You can use it for things like:

• Checking your balance
  • Changing your Direct Debit
  • Paying your bill
  • Making top-up payments
  • Sending meter readings
  • And so much more.

You can download it from the Apple Store here, or Google Play here.

Got any more questions about your move from SSE to OVO? See our FAQs here, or post a comment below for our community to help... 

2 replies

With no choice we are now with OVO. How long does it take to activate the ovo account so i can submit metre readings and view how much my DD will be? Andy H

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @andyh1969 ,

If memory serves, it’s around two weeks or so but can be faster or slower in some cases. If you don’t have access to MyOVO yet, feel free to call the Support Team on 0345 0260 712 and they’ll help you out.

There’s a link on the login page as well to get MyOVO set up. It only takes 10 minutes on average. :)