Solved

Just moved in - Why can't I get a quote on the 'Moving Home' page?

• 21 April 2022
  • 5 replies

I’ve just moved into my new flat (as owner). The previous occupants used Ovo Energy and I keep trying to use the “get a quote” feature from the Moving section. But every time I’m told that I can’t be offered a quote right now. I just want to pay Ovo for supply my energy - why won’t they let me??

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 22 April 2022, 12:47

View original

5 replies

Same here! it has been over a month, I have tried every possible mean of communication with them. When I could get hold of them, they said it’s sorted I will get communication in a few days, I get no follow up at all. Something is seriously wrong with their team

Userlevel 7

I’m so sorry to hear of the difficulty you’ve  had setting up a new account@paulsod.

I’ve just moved into my new flat (as owner). The previous occupants used Ovo Energy and I keep trying to use the “get a quote” feature from the Moving section. But every time I’m told that I can’t be offered a quote right now. I just want to pay Ovo for supply my energy - why won’t they let me??

This is a strange one. Were you using the Quote page here@paulsod? We’ve not had any general issues reported with this page so if you’re still not able to generate a quote online I’d recommend giving the team a call. You can reach them on 0330 303 5063 from 8am - 6pm, Monday - Friday.

Thanks @Jess_OVO - I have phoned and apparently there is an issue with the existing account so I can’t be quoted a tariff. I’ve been told I should hear more within 17 working days

Hi - I am also getting the same issue ? - I am going to move in to a new home which uses OVO already.

But when i try to request for a quote getting the below error. Also emailed the team.

Oops, there’s a problem…

Sorry, we are currently unable to offer you a quote. Please check back soon

Userlevel 7

Hi @sskfny and welcome to the OVO online community!

Looks like our community members have done some great detective work over here.

Have you been in touch with the Support Team, who can help to get the account set-up instead?