Solved

If I switch to OVO will I still get the Warm Home Discount?

• 2 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

i am an edf energy customer and i am considering switching to OVO, i currently get the warm homes discount of £140.00 per annum ,is this transferrable to Ovo automatically

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 3 August 2021, 11:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @brian inman !

Welcome to the Forum! I have some good news for you. OVO does indeed support the Warm Home Discount and you would indeed be able to have your status transferred over.

Whether or not you can get it automatically though depends on which group you’re in.

If you’re part of the Core Group, OVO will request the Warm Home Discount on your behalf and you won’t have to apply. The DWP will contact you about how to activate the discount and the letter will have the instructions on what to do. You’ll also get the full £140 payment applied as an account credit once it’s ready.

If you’re like me and you’re in the Broader Group though, you’ll need to manually re-apply each year, which you can register interest over here.

It also sounds like you might qualify for the Priority Services Register as well, so I’ll pop some details below for you.

https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/priority-services-register

You will need to apply for each of these manually after switching from EDF, but if you were accepted by EDF then OVO will honour your eligibility as well.

If there’s anything else we can help with, feel free to let us know.

Userlevel 1

thank you very much, you have answered all my queries in one go , i am very gratefull and will more than likely be joining OVO,  brian inman.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No worries, you’re most welcome. We’ll be here if you ever get stuck with anything else.

Userlevel 7

Great to hear you’re thinking of joining us, @brian inman!

Our community volunteer, @Blastoise186 has offered tip-top advice as ever - 

Whether or not you can get it automatically though depends on which group you’re in.

If you’re part of the Core Group, OVO will request the Warm Home Discount on your behalf and you won’t have to apply. The DWP will contact you about how to activate the discount and the letter will have the instructions on what to do. You’ll also get the full £140 payment applied as an account credit once it’s ready.

If you’re like me and you’re in the Broader Group though, you’ll need to manually re-apply each year, which you can register interest over here.

It’s worth mentioning that if you’re part of the core group and switch to OVO this autumn, your previous supplier will still make your payment this winter as it’s dependent on who your supplier was on the 5th July. We’ll then take over from the following winter (if you decide to stay with us!)

We’ve got more details on what to expect when you switch on this guide. Any more questions or need more switching advice, we’re always on hand here! :blush: