Solved

I moved in to a flat and switched away from OVO - How do I pay my final bill for the time before the switch?

• 5 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I moved into my new house and quickly changed to a new supplier. I got a letter telling me to register with them, however it looks like i can only register if I take on 1 of their plans, which isn’t possible as I am with another supplier.

I just want to pay the final bills I have. On the final bills there is nothing mentioned about how to pay, just that I should pay now

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 7 June 2021, 12:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Howdy @zebrafish !

I can help with this to a degree. If your previous supplier that the Final Bill relates to is/was OVO, you can ask the Support Team to help you get this paid off. It’s best done over the phone and the details are over at https://help.ovoenergy.com and you can do this without signing up with OVO again. Simply let the Support Team know you’d like to pay off a Final Bill for a closed account and they’ll go through the process with you.

If it’s for another supplier, you might want to call their customer service team for help. Could you explain a bit more about what you’re trying to do here, and I’ll try to advise further. If you could explain which supplier is the old and new one too, that’ll help a lot.

Thanks!

I think you’ve answered my question thank you, I’ll just have to call OVO.

I think I was just a little annoyed when the final bills came through today with no indication of how to pay. Also the fact that the gas and electricity bills are sent as 2 separate bills, each with a charge of nearly £5 added onto each final bill for paper billing where the envelopes contained several pages outlining the benefits of being an OVO customer!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No worries, glad I could help!

That does sound a bit unusual and I can definitely ask for this to be passed on as feedback via @Jess_OVO once she’s back on Monday. I’m only a volunteer myself, but Jess is able to reach out to almost every team at OVO so passing this onto the right team is pretty easy. I definitely think the paper bills could probably be made a bit more light weight and have a crash diet by the sounds of things.

And yep, I definitely think including details on how to pay makes sense. I’ve never seen these bills, but I can’t exactly be expected to pay one if it’s not clear how! Thanks for bringing that one up. I have no doubt OVO will fix that. :)

I think the charges for paper billing are pretty standard across the entire industry, so this isn’t specific to OVO. I’m on the Priority Services Register myself so I’m exempt from such fees but I still go paperless anyway because I find it to be more efficient and faster anyway.

I personally think dropping the charge down to maybe £2.50 a bill for a “Lite” version as an option instead of the £5 for the regular version might be a useful thing to have. Especially if the “Lite” version stripped out everything except the stuff that’s absolutely critical and/or required for legal reasons

Userlevel 7

I was just a little annoyed when the final bills came through today with no indication of how to pay. Also the fact that the gas and electricity bills are sent as 2 separate bills, each with a charge of nearly £5 added onto each final bill for paper billing where the envelopes contained several pages outlining the benefits of being an OVO customer!!!

Sounds like you’ve received letters addressed to the occupier, @zebrafish - if we haven’t had an account set up for you yet, we’ll create an account in the name of ‘the occupier’ and let you know we’re the supplier.

It’s worth bearing in mind that any charges (including the added £5 paper billing cost) shown on these statements may not exactly reflect what you owe.

Once you’ve been in touch with the Support Team, they’ll set up a temporary account in your name. This means we’ll check that your account starts from the right date and meter readings and issue you a final statement in your name - if you’re happy to receive this via email, the paper billing charges can also be deducted.  You can also make a final payment on your online account, when you’ve set up an account in your name, more info here -

Hope this helps. :slight_smile: