Solved

Does OVO offer a 'Total Heat Total Control' Tariff? - I'm looking to switch from SSE

• 22 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, we are currently with SSE and even though we are in credit they decided to put our monthly DD up £50, so we're looking into changing supplier, but the only stumbling block seems to be the fact we're on THTC with 2 different meters for different times of day, does OVO have a tariff that would suit me better? Cheers for any help. 

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 23 September 2021, 11:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey there @Piebobs71 !

Thanks for asking this question - it’s definitely a really good one!

Unfortunately, it’s almost impossible to switch supplier with a THTC setup and migrating off THTC setups is equally impossible unless you’re no longer going to use electric heating/hot water.

Strictly speaking, I don’t think OVO has any suitable tariffs for you right now, but there is a way around this. Since OVO has recently started to migrate all SSE customers over to OVO, it might be a good idea to stay put for now and wait for SSE/OVO to contact you directly. This is the easiest way for you to come over to OVO once it’s possible to do so and it should ensure that everything comes with you correctly. I would imagine that allowing your account to be migrated automatically would ensure that you’re on the correct tariff as well.

Let me double check though with @Jess_OVO . I don’t know when you might be migrated, but I can certainly try to find out if there’s plans to support THTC setups.

Awesome thanks for the information 👍

Userlevel 7

Hi @Piebobs71 and welcome to the OVO online community,

Our community volunteer has already given some really great advice here in terms of switching to OVO with a ‘Total Heat Total Control’ setup:

Strictly speaking, I don’t think OVO has any suitable tariffs for you right now

This complex metering setup does make switching suppliers difficult and as we discussed in this thread:

“I’m really sorry that this might not be the answer you’re looking for, and to clarify OVO’s position - as we don’t have a tariff to support your meters we’d be unable to offer you a switch at the moment.”

Whilst SSE customers are slowly being migrated over to OVO - we’re unable to confirm exactly when your account might be joining us - there’s more advice on this migration on our FAQs here.

In the meantime it might be worth contacting the complex metering team at SSE, who are able to give advice on technical issues relating to this meter, tariff or heating.  Call them directly on: 0345 071 7972. 

Hope this helps. :slight_smile: