Solved

Can OVO offer a Meter Exchange from Single Phase to Three Phase? Need to upgrade to support some green tech I'm installing!

• 10 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I would like to upgrade my supply from single to three phase.  We are installing solar panels, an ASHP and car chargers and will need the increased supply.  I was in the process with SSEN and Bulb, but that was obviously stopped.  We then contacted another supplier and they said they would be able to install a three phase meter.  We moved to the new supplier, but they have now said they will not complete a meter exchange from single to three phase.  Before I move to OVO, please can you confirm that you are able to offer the meter exchange from single to three phase?  

Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 11 January 2022, 11:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Updated on 31/08/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

Great to hear about the big green changes you’re making at your home. We’re happy to confirm that we do offer a 3-phase traditional meter upgrade and could get an appointment scheduled (for the advised fee) once your switch to OVO is complete. 

You’ve also found the perfect place to share advice and learn from other OVO community members who are also ahead of the game in terms of green tech and low carbon living. As you mention getting solar panels installed check out this collaborative guide on all things solar:

We’d be really interested to hear how your solar installation goes too. Have you already found a solar panel installer yet?

We’ve also got a fair few Air-Source Heat Pump owners here too, sharing their experience of this new way of heating their homes. Take a look at the latest ASHP myth-busting thread we’ve posted over here:

Did you apply for any funding to support your heat pump installation? Any advice to share that might help others on a similar heat pump journey?

Sounds like you’re also streets ahead in terms of decarbonising your transport too! Are you a multiple Electric Vehicle (EV) household? :oncoming_automobile::red_car:  

I haven’t heard anything from ovo since starting the switching process, mod mail confirmation or anything. Is this usual?how do I know that my switch is being processed?

Userlevel 7

How strange, @Jon_darbs.

We’d usually send you out a confirmation of the switch within 5 working days. Have you double-checked your email junk folders as sometimes this welcome email can end up here.

If you’re still not able to find this I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team to double-check we’ve got the right email address registered and your switch is in progress.

Hope this helps.