Solved

Why have OVO raised an objection (blocked) my switch to another supplier?

• 2 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Good morning, please could you let me know why Ovo have objected to the following supply transfer to TGP -  I have sent emails but I have not received any replies to date.

MPAN 2330230542519

Many thanks

Caroline Bird

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 3 November 2020, 10:28

Hi @CarolineBird and thanks for posting. 

An objection is usually put in place by a supplier (OVO in this case) when they want to stop the switch away due to the amount of debt on the account, or because they think there’s an error, such as the customer not wanting to be switched or changing their mind. 

The amount of debt on an OVO account that would trigger an objection is £25. If you clear the debt on your online account by making a one off payment, the objection reason will be removed automatically, allowing for the supply to switch once the new supplier reapplies. 

The process for this objection is:

1. Current supplier objects. New supplier either doesn't reapply, or reapplies. 
  2. Current supplier objects a second time unless the reason for objection is removed. New supplier either doesn't reapply, or reapplies. 
  3. Current supplier objects a third time unless the reason for objection is removed. New supplier can’t progress with switch. 
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @CarolineBird and thanks for posting. 

An objection is usually put in place by a supplier (OVO in this case) when they want to stop the switch away due to the amount of debt on the account, or because they think there’s an error, such as the customer not wanting to be switched or changing their mind. 

The amount of debt on an OVO account that would trigger an objection is £25. If you clear the debt on your online account by making a one off payment, the objection reason will be removed automatically, allowing for the supply to switch once the new supplier reapplies. 

The process for this objection is:

1. Current supplier objects. New supplier either doesn't reapply, or reapplies. 
  2. Current supplier objects a second time unless the reason for objection is removed. New supplier either doesn't reapply, or reapplies. 
  3. Current supplier objects a third time unless the reason for objection is removed. New supplier can’t progress with switch. 
Userlevel 7

Can you let me know how this applies in your case, @CarolineBird

Hi Tim

Thank you for getting back to me but please could you let me know the exact reason for the objection against MPAN 2330230542519.

We would like to transfer this supply away from Ovo but there is an objection and it is proving very difficult trying to ascertain the reason.

Many thanks

Caroline.

Userlevel 7

Our Support team can confirm this, @CarolineBird - chat to them on web chat, here (at the bottom). 

Just come back to let us know, and I will assign a ‘best answer’ to this topic, that will help others. 

Also, which supplier are you off to, out of interest?