Solved

Why did I get a 'Sorry you're leaving' email when I don't want to switch from OVO?

• 13 February 2019
  • 6 replies

I've found out that I'm leaving OVO later this month as I've switched. I haven't - I've no idea who I'm supposed to have switched to. It was only because I was looking online for my statement that I noticed the 'Sorry you are leaving' message - how do I stop this happening, how do I prevent it happening again, how do I find out who I'm meant to be switching to, and will this effect my fixed rate status? Sorry lots of questions!
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 20 February 2019, 14:22

It was only because I was looking online for my statement that I noticed the 'Sorry you are leaving' message - how do I stop this happening, how do I prevent it happening again?

This sounds like an 'erroneous transfer' to me, @OldBoiler - more info on this topic!

I would reach out to our Customer Care team ASAP. We’re on FacebookTwitter and our Help Centre has online chat!

We can find out who is trying to take over your supply, so you can approach them and advise you wish to cancel, or highlight they have the wrong address.

If it's too late or you can't cancel with them, we can 'object' to this switch, blocking it from happening!

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7

It was only because I was looking online for my statement that I noticed the 'Sorry you are leaving' message - how do I stop this happening, how do I prevent it happening again?

This sounds like an 'erroneous transfer' to me, @OldBoiler - more info on this topic!

I would reach out to our Customer Care team ASAP. We’re on FacebookTwitter and our Help Centre has online chat!

We can find out who is trying to take over your supply, so you can approach them and advise you wish to cancel, or highlight they have the wrong address.

If it's too late or you can't cancel with them, we can 'object' to this switch, blocking it from happening!

I’ve just received on a Friday night an email from Ovo saying I’m switching to another supplier. I have not requested a switch. How do I stop this, please?

Userlevel 7

Thanks for posting, @DWSNorfolk 

Have a look at the ‘best answer’ above your comment (I moved it to this topic) - I think this sounds like a classic ET - what do you think?

Thanks, Tim. Apparently So Energy are trying to take over the supply. I have no idea why. I‘ve never heard of them. I have just emailed them. If there’s anything else I should do please let me know. Thanks.  

Userlevel 7

Nice one @DWSNorfolk 

Did you have a read of the info at the top?

with an ET, that email should be enough for them to cancel the switch IF IT’S NOT TOO LATE, otherwise drop the Support team (link in my comment above) a message on Monday and we can block the switch.

Tim

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

That’s interesting. You’re not the first person here to comment that So Energy was trying to acquire their energy supply!

Let’s just clarify your position:

1: A Supplier can’t take over your supply without giving you a precise date for the switch.  If the first you’ve heard of this is from OVO, then So Energy haven’t complied with Ofgem regulations.

2: Any move to a different Supplier is governed by the Financial Services legislation. You have a minimum period of 14 days in which you can change your mind without penalty, even if you did authorise the move (which you didn’t!)

3: It is possible to raise an official complaint against an Energy Supplier, even if they are not your Supplier. See the Complaints Procedure for So Energy. If you follow that procedure and they don’t properly address the issue, then you can take them to the Office of the Energy Ombudsman.

Keep us informed of progress.