Solved

Who do I contact if I was a Lumo customer and need to ask them something?

• 9 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi There, 

I was a Lumo customer I moved to another provider but there was a dispute of readings etc. Lumo have cleared this up and now owe me money but they have shutdown everything and point to OVO - who do I call to find out how to get my money back please?

Thanks,

Neil.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 9 February 2021, 13:30

Updated on 26/02/2021: Lumo is no longer available. Thinking of switching to OVO too? Check out the available OVO plans and get your switch sorted today here. 

Hi @NeilMcRae ,

I’ve never seen anyone ask about Lumo before! But luckily, I did read about that recently.

In this case, I’d suggest having a chat with OVO’s Support Team and ask them to see if they’re able to trigger the final refund. They should be able to track it down for you and sort things out. As far as I’m aware, after Lumo closed, all customers were moved back to OVO and continue to be looked after by OVO’s support team.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Updated on 26/02/2021: Lumo is no longer available. Thinking of switching to OVO too? Check out the available OVO plans and get your switch sorted today here. 

Hi @NeilMcRae ,

I’ve never seen anyone ask about Lumo before! But luckily, I did read about that recently.

In this case, I’d suggest having a chat with OVO’s Support Team and ask them to see if they’re able to trigger the final refund. They should be able to track it down for you and sort things out. As far as I’m aware, after Lumo closed, all customers were moved back to OVO and continue to be looked after by OVO’s support team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ah, this is easier than you might suppose @NeilMcRae 

All Lumo customers had to be on Smart Meters. So there is a clear record of what usage you should’ve been billed for at the moment when your account was relocated to be handled by the main OVO billing system.

The Lumo Customer Services Team used to work from the west end of the 2nd floor area at OVO’s Bristol offices. Most will have simply moved across to (re-)join the main teams. So there shouldn’t be any difficulty in resolving your outstanding credit because the ex-Lumo people are still around.

I’m a little surprised that your account credit was to be refunded however. It would just as likely to be transferred into your new OVO account where it would earn interest.