Solved

What happens if I've got a fixed tariff and I move home?

• 1 August 2017
  • 5 replies

Can I transfer my fixed tariff to a new contract if I move home?

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 8 August 2017, 19:32

Updated on 24/02/2021: If you’ve moved into a property supplied by OVO, you can choose to fix into a cheap 12 or 24 month contract, or choose the variable plan Simpler. This variable plan is ideal if you intend to change supplier soon, as it avoids the early contract termination fees you might get, if you were switch within the contract length (6 week grace period at the end not included). See our guide on plans here.  

Remember if you move out of the property within the contract length, you won’t get those termination fees, so it’s in your interest to go for the cheapest OVO tariff. See our moving house section here

If you’re not already supplied by us, check out the available OVO plans and get your switch sorted today here.

Good question @nicksbell - so good that I've edited the title and added some tags, making it the go to topic on this sort of thing.

We can't transfer the tariff from one house to another. First off the new house might not have OVO as the supplier. You'll need to close your old account down - don't worry you won't get any exit fees for moving out. Find out how to do this here. Then once you're in the new place, find out who the supplier is. if it isn't OVO, get the switch started here.

Feel free to Facebook/Twitter us the full address of the new place, and I'll check who the supplier is.

Hope this helps,
Tim

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Updated on 24/02/2021: If you’ve moved into a property supplied by OVO, you can choose to fix into a cheap 12 or 24 month contract, or choose the variable plan Simpler. This variable plan is ideal if you intend to change supplier soon, as it avoids the early contract termination fees you might get, if you were switch within the contract length (6 week grace period at the end not included). See our guide on plans here.  

Remember if you move out of the property within the contract length, you won’t get those termination fees, so it’s in your interest to go for the cheapest OVO tariff. See our moving house section here

If you’re not already supplied by us, check out the available OVO plans and get your switch sorted today here.

Good question @nicksbell - so good that I've edited the title and added some tags, making it the go to topic on this sort of thing.

We can't transfer the tariff from one house to another. First off the new house might not have OVO as the supplier. You'll need to close your old account down - don't worry you won't get any exit fees for moving out. Find out how to do this here. Then once you're in the new place, find out who the supplier is. if it isn't OVO, get the switch started here.

Feel free to Facebook/Twitter us the full address of the new place, and I'll check who the supplier is.

Hope this helps,
Tim

I’m currently on a variable plan but looking to move to a fixed one. However I may be moving house within the next 12 months, would there be a penalty for any cancellation prior to 12 months in a fixed plan?
Userlevel 5
The answer is no, if you move house during a fixed deal there are no exit fees, you just need to make sure you complete a home move via OVO's website to keep them informed. 

Regards
Emma

Hello!

I’ve just signed a six month tenancy for a flat and I have been told that it is currently linked to OVO and has a smart meter. Finding the options rather confusing… Can anyone recommend a plan I should go with and why?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7

HI @Gigi19 and thanks for posting!

I’ve moved your comment over to this topic, and updated the ‘best answer’ to make it clear. Here it is:

If you’ve moved into a property supplied by OVO, you can choose to fix into a cheap 12 or 24 month contract, or choose the variable plan Simpler. This variable plan is ideal if you intend to change supplier soon, as it avoids the early contract termination fees you might get, if you were switch within the contract length (6 week grace period at the end not included). See our guide on plans here

Remember if you move out of the property within the contract length, you won’t get those termination fees, so it’s in your interest to go for the cheapest OVO tariff. See our moving house section here