Solved

Sub meter with landlord for electricity, I want to add gas too!

• 24 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello, 

I am currently renting a property from my landlord who lives next door. We pay for electricity with OVO energy through a sub meter they have next door. I am currently paying for gas through a separate company and we are paying way too much. I am looking to switch my gas to OVO but I’m not sure how we can do it. 

Hope you can help!

icon

Best answer by NinjaGeek 26 April 2020, 02:47

Updated on 26/02/21: We’re currently not able to add separate supplies. But to check if this is now possible, you’ll need to contact our Support team directly. Click here.

If you’re not with OVO for either of your supplies, and you’re thinking of switching, check out the available OVO plans and get your switch sorted today here.

Hello @ainsworth96 

First things first. Before you decide to move over to OVO for gas, be sure to check if you will be charged a leave fee from your current gas provider. If not, this is excellent! Your next step would be to drop OVO and email or give  them a call Monday morning on: 0330 303 5063

Let us know how you get on

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Updated on 26/02/21: We’re currently not able to add separate supplies. But to check if this is now possible, you’ll need to contact our Support team directly. Click here.

If you’re not with OVO for either of your supplies, and you’re thinking of switching, check out the available OVO plans and get your switch sorted today here.

Hello @ainsworth96 

First things first. Before you decide to move over to OVO for gas, be sure to check if you will be charged a leave fee from your current gas provider. If not, this is excellent! Your next step would be to drop OVO and email or give  them a call Monday morning on: 0330 303 5063

Let us know how you get on

Userlevel 6

Hey @ainsworth96,

@ITGeek123 is right, the best way to add on a supply is by getting in touch with us directly so we can confirm the tariff with you verbally.

I’m not sure what you mean about the sub meter, but provided you already have and electricity account with OVO in your name then we should be able to add the gas to this.

Cheers

I am currently renting a property from my landlord who lives next door. We pay for electricity with OVO energy through a sub meter they have next door. I am currently paying for gas through a separate company and we are paying way too much. I am looking to switch my gas to OVO but I’m not sure how we can do it. 

Hope you can help!

Userlevel 6

This is an interesting one, @BenjaminLucas.

I’m not to sure I’ll be able to give a definite answer at the moment, as the setup sounds a bit confusing.

Do you have an account in your name with OVO, or is it all done through your landlord? I’m not sure we as a company can open accounts for a sub-meter. It needs to be for an individual supply, which has a supply point number (an MPAN or MPRN) registered on the national database.

If your electricity meter is a supply in it’s own right, and the account with OVO is in your name, then in theory we should be able to add the gas on. You just need to get in touch with us and provide either the MPRN, or the meter serial number s owe can idnetify the supply we’re adding.

To do this just give us a ring (0330 3030 5063), or send us a message on FacebookTwitter or our Help centre has online chat! Be sure to include your account number (or address and post code), full name and DoB.

Thanks,

Nancy

Userlevel 7

What did you decide in the end, @ainsworth96 @BenjaminLucas - you both had identical scenarios this year!