Solved

I've switched from a prepayment supplier to OVO, but now my meter's are off supply?

• 29 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi, I just switched to ovo,I have confirmation that ovo are now providing my energy as of 27th Jan.  My issue is tho that they are not!. I awoke to darkness this morning as the credit on my meter ran down to 0 (previous supplier) so the only way to get switched back on is to top up my key with my old supplier. what's happening? OVO have tried taking the first direct debit but I can’t be sitting here paying two companies. What's happening ovo?

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 29 January 2021, 11:44

Updated on 26/02/2021: Thinking of switching to OVO too? Check out the available OVO plans and get your switch sorted today here.

Thanks for the replies, I’ve spoken to customer service and apparently I was accepted as a new customer in error as they have no means to provide my supply. They have cancelled my account and now it’s back to phone my old supplier again and a life of the pre paid meter :(

Sorry to hear about that.

The alternative way to get onto OVO properly, would be to get your old supplier to switch you to a Pay Monthly/Credit tariff on the Standard Variable plan for now (so you’re not locked in), get the meter replaced and then you should be able to switch to OVO properly.

I hope this helps

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @AllyM ,

I just need to double check something quickly. With your old supplier, were you on a Prepayment/Pay-As-You-Go tariff, or a Credit/Pay Monthly tariff?

Also, are you on Pay-As-You-Go with OVO, or Pay Monthly?

was on a pre payment/pay as you go tariff previously.

have moved to a mothly direct debit plan with ovo

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for confirming.

This sounds like you need to get that meter replaced ASAP. I’d suggest giving the Support Team a call and ask them for a meter exchange (assuming you don’t have a smart meter), or for the meter to be put into Credit Mode (if you do have one).

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Also, as you’re off-supply @AllyM you might be able to request an Emergency Meter Exchange to get an engineer out immediately. The Support Team can check this for you.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks for the replies, I’ve spoken to customer service and apparently I was accepted as a new customer in error as they have no means to provide my supply. They have cancelled my account and now it’s back to phone my old supplier again and a life of the pre paid meter :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Updated on 26/02/2021: Thinking of switching to OVO too? Check out the available OVO plans and get your switch sorted today here.

Sorry to hear about that.

The alternative way to get onto OVO properly, would be to get your old supplier to switch you to a Pay Monthly/Credit tariff on the Standard Variable plan for now (so you’re not locked in), get the meter replaced and then you should be able to switch to OVO properly.

I hope this helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

By the way @AllyM if you have gas as well that’s also on Pay-As-You-Go and wanted to move that to Pay Monthly, I’d recommend doing both fuels at once, so that you can take advantage of dual-fuel tariffs across the market. It’d also mean both meters could be switched out in one go too.