Solved

Final bill / statement - when will I get it from OVO?

• 5 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi
Can someone explain me in the end how is the bill because next month my contact is finish and every month I paid 62 £? And how I can cancel I mean I don’t want new contract.
thank you
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 12 March 2019, 14:44

Updated on 26/02/21: A final statement/bill will be sent to you within 6 weeks of the supply start date. It will show on your online account for you to view.

This will produce a final balance. If this is credit, it will be refunded automatically within 10 working days. If it’s a debit balance, you can clear this via your online account

If the final bill is delayed it might be that we’re waiting to confirm the change-over meter readings, sent by the new supplier via a third party. There are other possible delays, so it’s best to reach out to our Support team to confirm what is the hold up, and what actions can be taken to resolve it. Reach out here if that 6 weeks have come and gone. 

Is your contract due to renew? Are you thinking of changing suppliers? Head over to our quote and switch and check out our plans here

If you initiate a switch to another supplier, your final bill will be sent to you 4 to 6 weeks after the switch has completed.

If you don't want to renew with us, you'd roll onto our standard variable plan and we'd continue to bill you on a monthly basis as normal.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6

Updated on 26/02/21: A final statement/bill will be sent to you within 6 weeks of the supply start date. It will show on your online account for you to view.

This will produce a final balance. If this is credit, it will be refunded automatically within 10 working days. If it’s a debit balance, you can clear this via your online account

If the final bill is delayed it might be that we’re waiting to confirm the change-over meter readings, sent by the new supplier via a third party. There are other possible delays, so it’s best to reach out to our Support team to confirm what is the hold up, and what actions can be taken to resolve it. Reach out here if that 6 weeks have come and gone. 

Is your contract due to renew? Are you thinking of changing suppliers? Head over to our quote and switch and check out our plans here

If you initiate a switch to another supplier, your final bill will be sent to you 4 to 6 weeks after the switch has completed.

If you don't want to renew with us, you'd roll onto our standard variable plan and we'd continue to bill you on a monthly basis as normal.

Not sure why you are contacting me by email.

I left Ovo in August - after they tried to block the move incidentally..

I have been unable to get a closing bill from Ovo’s accounts dept. They simply siad I’d better pay the balance shown on my acconts if I didn’t want to keep hearing from “Collection\a”

No doubt by now they have sold the debt on to debt colectors (must be approx £50)

Maybe in 2030 I will get a summons demanding I forfeit my house because of your sexy account ap - which I don’t have beciase I don’t have a moile phone!

Userlevel 7

Hi @Brixton Dave - thanks for the reply. I moved your topic over here as it related to a final bill. 

I’ll be updating this topic’s best answer shortly, for the moment it does correctly state:

So this final statement is overdue. It’s also very unfortunate to hear we’re reaching out to you about the outstanding balance when this final bill hasn’t been sent. Are you sure the final charges haven’t been applied to your old OVO account