F.A.Q.

FAQ for Landlords

FAQ for Landlords
Userlevel 6

Updated 02/03/2021 - If you’re thinking switching your property to us too, then check out the available OVO plans and get your switch sorted today here.

For help reading S2 meters, we’ve got a handy guide here

Another day, another fantastically written 😉 FAQ, for you superusers to use as you wish! This one is all about landlords 🏚🗝 @Transparent@PeterR1947@Emma_G@Steve587@SianiAnni@Mw2870@Bumblebee take a look 👀.

My tenants have moved out, how do I set up an account for my new tenants?

Unfortunately we can’t set up an account in your new tenants' name upon your request. We can put the account into your name whilst you are financially liable for the property and then as soon as the tenants are liable we’ll need them to contact us to accept liability and set up an account in their name.

You’ll need to call Customer Care team on: 0330 303 5063 our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday. They will get you all set up, they’ll be able to advise you of the rates available and talk you through our plans.

Why am I getting a bill, the property is vacant?

When your tenant notified us that they had moved out of the property we put the account into a default “occupier account”, the account will be billed to an estimate whilst it is listed this way (unless of course you have smart meters).

Please give our Customer Care team a call on: 0330 303 5063 our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday. They will get you all set up, they’ll be able to advise you of the rates available and talk you through our plans, please have a reading ready, this will ensure the estimates are not used and your statement is reflective of your usage.

Why do you need my details?

If the property is vacant there will be usage that needs to be covered by you in between tenants. We would need to set up an account in your name so that we can ensure that the interim period is covered.

Please give our Customer Care team a call on: 0330 303 5063 our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday. They will get you all set up.

Why do I need to pay the standing charge?

The Standing Charge covers the cost that we incur for the day to day maintenance/operating cost of a customer supply excluding any extraneous meter/supply work (the stuff we charge for).
This is a cost that the property owner is to incur, not one that the energy supplier covers. Every supplier will incur that cost for each customer but some suppliers present it in different ways, some include it in the tariff and some have “membership fees”.

How do you read a smart meter?

Press 9 on the meter's keypad for a reading. For an Economy 7 electricity smart meter, press 6.
More info here.

Why have you objected to my switch?

Normally this would only occur if you have not been in touch with our team and set up an account in your name. Objections are put in place for many reasons when a switch is in progress.
These include if there is an outstanding balance on the account or if the account was still in contract with us when the switch was requested. It might also be worth checking that the new supplier has applied for the correct address, or that there's not also a switch request coming in from a third supplier, which can happen if you sign up with two different companies very close together.
More info here.

You’ll need to call Customer Care team on: 0330 303 5063 our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday. They will get you all set up.

Why did you allow a switch to go ahead without my consent?
A tenant is free to switch to any supplier unless there’s a clause in your lease stipulating it.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!