Solved

My switch to OVO "on hold" - why?

I am in the process of switching to ovo,but my account tells me it is on hold,I have no emails to explain why this has happened,now unsure if I should to continue with the change over .
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 16 November 2017, 14:10

Woolly357 wrote:

I am in the process of switching to ovo,but my account tells me it is on hold,I have no emails to explain why this has happened,now unsure if I should to continue with the change over .

Hi @Woolly357 and thanks for reaching out on the forum!

Sorry to see another user hasn't offered some advice on this so far. It sounds like we're missing some info needed for the transfer to progress. Often this would be a mistake in the customer information, or that the national database isn't correct. If you've not had an email about this (check your junk folder), drop us a message via Facebook or Twitter for us to look into this for you.

@CarsCarpal did you let us know about the house move? Do this here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/all-about-switching/moving-home/im-moving-home-how-can-ovo-help-me.html.

Tim

View original

11 replies

I too am in the same situation, though I have bought my property and it was already being supplied by Ovo. I registered and 3 months later, my switch over too is still "On Hold" - with no email or contact to explain why. It's not a great start is it?!
Think I may try another supplier,poor service !
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Woolly357 wrote:

Hi @Woolly357 and thanks for reaching out on the forum!

Sorry to see another user hasn't offered some advice on this so far. It sounds like we're missing some info needed for the transfer to progress. Often this would be a mistake in the customer information, or that the national database isn't correct. If you've not had an email about this (check your junk folder), drop us a message via Facebook or Twitter for us to look into this for you.

@CarsCarpal did you let us know about the house move? Do this here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/all-about-switching/moving-home/im-moving-home-how-can-ovo-help-me.html.

Tim

Hi @Tim_OVO

Yes I have done that twice. Once in August (~23rd) and again three weeks later after the first one appeared to get stuck. The second one is also stuck at on-hold so I gave up as there is no obvious number to call to speak to anybody.

I have had an automated email some weeks ago telling me it is time to submit my readings (which I can't due to the account being on hold) and note that the monthly direct debit has now started to come out as of 1st November, which isn't particularly pleasing.
I am in the process of switching to OVO, but my account tells me it is on hold.

I have no emails to explain why this has happened,

Could you help me, please?

Regards,

David
davidsntmr wrote:

I am in the process of switching to OVO, but my account tells me it is on hold.

I have no emails to explain why this has happened,

Could you help me, please?

Regards,

David

I forgot tell, issue is on October 14th
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
CarsCarpal wrote:

I have had an automated email some weeks ago telling me it is time to submit my readings (which I can't due to the account being on hold) and note that the monthly direct debit has now started to come out as of 1st November, which isn't particularly pleasing.

Let's get the Social media team involved in this, @CarsCarpal - we can change the Direct Debit depending on your preference, and work out why you can't log in to My OVO. Drop a PM/DM to us via Facebook or Twitter, or via email: hello@ovoenenergy.com.

@davidsntmr check out the 'best answer' (at the top) for our advice on what to do next!

Thanks,
Tim
Hi @Tim_OVO,

Yes it is, I have followed steps on the best answer. I have chosen Better Energy, All online • 33% renewable energy .
I have given all my details, but I am still waiting for any communication. The one and only I have received is a letter with estimated meter readings from September 26th to November 25th. And this is not right because I have moved on October 6th.

Could you please check what is going wrong with my switch to OVO?

Much appreciated.

David
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
We'll need to look into this, @davidsntmr - drop us a message on Facebook, Twitter or via email (hello@ovoenergy.com) for us to help.

Tim
I've set up an OVO account, I've received three e-mails - on with my account details, one confirming the direct debit, and on saying my first statement is ready to view, however when I log in all I see is 'Warning your switch is on hold' and a message telling me to check my inbox. I'm being charged via the direct debit, so it seems like I should be able to access my statements and account. What's happening?
Userlevel 2
Laura_OVO wrote:

I've set up an OVO account, I've received three e-mails - on with my account details, one confirming the direct debit, and on saying my first statement is ready to view, however when I log in all I see is 'Warning your switch is on hold' and a message telling me to check my inbox. I'm being charged via the direct debit, so it seems like I should be able to access my statements and account. What's happening?

Hey @Laura_OVO,

I've moved your topic here where users are discussing the same thing. Let us know if you have any more questions!

Nancy

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close