Pinned Solved

Why is my switch to OVO "on hold"?

Show first post

62 replies

Hi my account still is not available. I have deleted the app and reinstalled today and it remains on the joining page.
Userlevel 1
Point taken about contact details Lucy, I think I was looking on the website. As it happens, it's too late to stop the switch so I'm staying with OVO for now... and I've submitted meter readings successfully. Thanks.
I am switching back to OVO but my account is 'ON HOLD' and the message says to check my inbox.
I have and there is nothing from OVO stating what is happening.
Can you please advise as to the next steps and I'd like this sorted please.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Still an issue @chiliflakes77 @Hj1 ?
Hi,

Since switching to OVO back in March I've never been able to access my OVO account. Every time I log in I receive a warning message saying my switch is on hold. I had tried switching to OVO late last year but there was an issue with my previous supplier which meant my switch was placed on hold at that time. This was sorted out and I eventually switched in March.

I've tried logging in on multiple devices using both my email address and OVO ID number but to no avail so am pretty sure it's not user error.

I've raised the issue multiple times with OVO but am just told that the issue has been passed to technical support and they have no timescale as to when this will be rectified. This is becoming a pain as it's been 3 months now and every month I have to email my meter readings to OVO and then email again to request my statement.

Surely it shouldn't be this difficult to access your own account?!
Userlevel 4
Badge
chris22 wrote:

Hi,

Since switching to OVO back in March I've never been able to access my OVO account. Every time I log in I receive a warning message saying my switch is on hold. I had tried switching to OVO late last year but there was an issue with my previous supplier which meant my switch was placed on hold at that time. This was sorted out and I eventually switched in March.

I've tried logging in on multiple devices using both my email address and OVO ID number but to no avail so am pretty sure it's not user error.

I've raised the issue multiple times with OVO but am just told that the issue has been passed to technical support and they have no timescale as to when this will be rectified. This is becoming a pain as it's been 3 months now and every month I have to email my meter readings to OVO and then email again to request my statement.

Surely it shouldn't be this difficult to access your own account?!

Hey @chris22,

I've moved your post over here where you should be able to find the answers you need in the discussion above.

Nancy
Hi @Nancy_OVO,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately having read this thread I can't seem to find an answer to the problem. I've not been able to access my OVO account for 3 months since switching and would just like to know when this will be fixed so that I don't have to email every time I need to submit my readings and request my statements.

Thanks.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
In that case, @chris22 - send us a PM on Facebook with your full name, DoB and account number so we can take a look for you.

Thanks,
Emma
Hi,

Back in early June we moved into a new property which was supplied by SSE but, as we used OVO with no problems before, we elected to switch on arrival. The effective date for this, for both electricity and gas was notified to us by OVO of 18 Jun.

Now, nearly a month later (and a month and a half since arrival) the App continues to say, "Welcome to OVO...You can check the progress of your switch on our website in My OVO"

Clicking through to the website the opening screen is stuck on "Supply start date...we will start supplying your energy on 18 June"

Going into the menu on the website I can access meter readings and have submitted a fresh one for electricity but the gas page says, "We are still switching your gas supply over to us. We will ask for your opening meter readings near your supply start date."

I have e-mailed hello@ on numerous occasions and despite the claim that they respond within 48 hours have not had a single reply.

The reason for raising this on the forum now is that I have had a final bill from SSE for gas, not electricity, so they believe that another supplier (hopefully OVO!) is already supplying gas at the property.

Grateful for any assistance as it was a great system when it worked at the old property. Mind you, that account is still out in the ether so they could do with tidying up their procedures.

P.S. Our gas is supplied by Wales and West Utilities and I have done the usual cache clearance for the website and app reinstall.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Oiiii wrote:

Hi,

Back in early June we moved into a new property which was supplied by SSE but, as we used OVO with no problems before, we elected to switch on arrival. The effective date for this, for both electricity and gas was notified to us by OVO of 18 Jun.

Now, nearly a month later (and a month and a half since arrival) the App continues to say, "Welcome to OVO...You can check the progress of your switch on our website in My OVO"

Clicking through to the website the opening screen is stuck on "Supply start date...we will start supplying your energy on 18 June"

Going into the menu on the website I can access meter readings and have submitted a fresh one for electricity but the gas page says, "We are still switching your gas supply over to us. We will ask for your opening meter readings near your supply start date."

I have e-mailed hello@ on numerous occasions and despite the claim that they respond within 48 hours have not had a single reply.

The reason for raising this on the forum now is that I have had a final bill from SSE for gas, not electricity, so they believe that another supplier (hopefully OVO!) is already supplying gas at the property.

Grateful for any assistance as it was a great system when it worked at the old property. Mind you, that account is still out in the ether so they could do with tidying up their procedures.

P.S. Our gas is supplied by Wales and West Utilities and I have done the usual cache clearance for the website and app reinstall.

Hi @Oiiii,

I've moved your post over here where users are discussing similar issues. If you need any further help with this, drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter and we can look into your account.

Nancy
Thanks Nancy, appreciated.

Unfortunately I don’t have Facebook and my Twitter account is a work one so not really for domestic electricity and gas supplies.

The OVO Team has not answered any of my e-mails and dire warnings when phoning so between a rock and a hard place really :((
Userlevel 1
Are your emails being sent to the right address @Oiiii? The one you need is hello@ovoenergy.com. The team will respond within 48 hours.

Our Customer Care team are available Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm on 0330 303 5063. Our average wait time is 21 seconds!
Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close