Pinned Solved

Why is my switch to OVO "on hold"?

I am in the process of switching to ovo,but my account tells me it is on hold,I have no emails to explain why this has happened,now unsure if I should to continue with the change over .
icon

Best answer by Emily_OVO 14 February 2018, 17:17

Hi @Bernie

There is a technical error with our online site where this error message is displayed, even when there isn't an issue with your switch. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused if you've been affected. Our Tech team are already looking into this urgently!

If you wanted us to double check if you've been affected by this issue, send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com.

Thanks,
Emily

** UPDATE 21/02/18 - This issue has now been fixed by our Technical team. If you log out and log back in again, this error message will disappear **

View original

58 replies

I too am in the same situation, though I have bought my property and it was already being supplied by Ovo. I registered and 3 months later, my switch over too is still "On Hold" - with no email or contact to explain why. It's not a great start is it?!
Think I may try another supplier,poor service !
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Woolly357 wrote:

I am in the process of switching to ovo,but my account tells me it is on hold,I have no emails to explain why this has happened,now unsure if I should to continue with the change over .

Hi @Woolly357 and thanks for reaching out on the forum!

Sorry to see another user hasn't offered some advice on this so far. It sounds like we're missing some info needed for the transfer to progress. Often this would be a mistake in the customer information, or that the national database isn't correct. If you've not had an email about this (check your junk folder), drop us a message via Facebook or Twitter for us to look into this for you.

@CarsCarpal did you let us know about the house move? Do this here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/all-about-switching/moving-home/im-moving-home-how-can-ovo-help-me.html.

Tim

Hi @Tim_OVO

Yes I have done that twice. Once in August (~23rd) and again three weeks later after the first one appeared to get stuck. The second one is also stuck at on-hold so I gave up as there is no obvious number to call to speak to anybody.

I have had an automated email some weeks ago telling me it is time to submit my readings (which I can't due to the account being on hold) and note that the monthly direct debit has now started to come out as of 1st November, which isn't particularly pleasing.
I am in the process of switching to OVO, but my account tells me it is on hold.

I have no emails to explain why this has happened,

Could you help me, please?

Regards,

David
davidsntmr wrote:

I am in the process of switching to OVO, but my account tells me it is on hold.

I have no emails to explain why this has happened,

Could you help me, please?

Regards,

David

I forgot tell, issue is on October 14th
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
CarsCarpal wrote:

I have had an automated email some weeks ago telling me it is time to submit my readings (which I can't due to the account being on hold) and note that the monthly direct debit has now started to come out as of 1st November, which isn't particularly pleasing.

Let's get the Social media team involved in this, @CarsCarpal - we can change the Direct Debit depending on your preference, and work out why you can't log in to My OVO. Drop a PM/DM to us via Facebook or Twitter, or via email: hello@ovoenenergy.com.

@davidsntmr check out the 'best answer' (at the top) for our advice on what to do next!

Thanks,
Tim
Hi @Tim_OVO,

Yes it is, I have followed steps on the best answer. I have chosen Better Energy, All online • 33% renewable energy .
I have given all my details, but I am still waiting for any communication. The one and only I have received is a letter with estimated meter readings from September 26th to November 25th. And this is not right because I have moved on October 6th.

Could you please check what is going wrong with my switch to OVO?

Much appreciated.

David
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
We'll need to look into this, @davidsntmr - drop us a message on Facebook, Twitter or via email (hello@ovoenergy.com) for us to help.

Tim
I've set up an OVO account, I've received three e-mails - on with my account details, one confirming the direct debit, and on saying my first statement is ready to view, however when I log in all I see is 'Warning your switch is on hold' and a message telling me to check my inbox. I'm being charged via the direct debit, so it seems like I should be able to access my statements and account. What's happening?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Laura_OVO wrote:

I've set up an OVO account, I've received three e-mails - on with my account details, one confirming the direct debit, and on saying my first statement is ready to view, however when I log in all I see is 'Warning your switch is on hold' and a message telling me to check my inbox. I'm being charged via the direct debit, so it seems like I should be able to access my statements and account. What's happening?

Hey @Laura_OVO,

I've moved your topic here where users are discussing the same thing. Let us know if you have any more questions!

Nancy
Userlevel 1
I have started a switch back to OVO about 10 days ago but today I noticed in the app that the switch was ‘on hold’. No explanation was given apart from ‘we have sent you an email’. No email received and, yes, I have checked the junk folder. I have also checked with my previous supplier who have responded immediately and they have not objected to the switch and there is no outstanding account with them and as far as they are concerned the switch is proceeding. I have Facebook messaged OVO but no response!!! I’m not pleased with this. How can I get it resolved?
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I’ve moved your topic onto here @Abreaders as I’m hoping you’ll find your answer in the other comments.

If you need the team to look into what is causing this, feel free to send them a message on our OVO Facebook or Twitter page.

Lucy
I am currently in the process of switching to OVO but I now see my switch is on hold with no explanation.And no I haven't received an email or any communication to explain why this is so.I am still within the cooling off period so I may well cancel.I thought switching supplier was supposed to be easy and didn't expect to have to explain my situation on a forum.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi @Bernie

There is a technical error with our online site where this error message is displayed, even when there isn't an issue with your switch. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused if you've been affected. Our Tech team are already looking into this urgently!

If you wanted us to double check if you've been affected by this issue, send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email: hello@ovoenergy.com.

Thanks,
Emily

** UPDATE 21/02/18 - This issue has now been fixed by our Technical team. If you log out and log back in again, this error message will disappear **
Same here, on hold, no way to ask why on the app, don't do Twitter/Facebook, and says check inbox, no email since the generic ones and meter numbers, 06/02/18, think I might look elsewhere, first direct debit due in the next few days, if not resolved PRIOR to that, I will cancel, using my consumer rights.
Same problem with me. Also, this morning I've received an email asking for my first meter reading but I can't submit it because I'm "on hold". I've emailed hello@ovoenergy.com about this issue but haven't heard back yet.
Well it gets better or I'm missing something, I just got an email telling me my question has been answered and to check here, my query is above, no answer from ovo!
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Hi Sparkysaz!

Happy weekend!

Where Emily_OVO has replied to the thread above in green background, you'll see a little OVO symbol next to her picture, means she is OVO staff.

I didn't realise for a while being a new customer! LOL

Forum's eh!?

I spoke to OVO on the phone yesterday and can confirm whats been said its a technical glitch and the switchovers ARE going ahead as promised, if mine wasn't I would have taken a JCB to Scottish Power's HQ and bulldozed the place!!!

So glad I'm switching to OVO :)

Rest assured all companies get glitches from time to time, and your switch will happen :)

Have a lovely weekend.

Tris :)
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
NickRR wrote:

Same problem with me. Also, this morning I've received an email asking for my first meter reading but I can't submit it because I'm "on hold". I've emailed hello@ovoenergy.com about this issue but haven't heard back yet.

Hello there, a quick Freephone call to 0800 5999 440 and they will gladly take your reading, I know this may be inconvienient but you will get few in a short few minites, option 3 by the way, then you will be thru to a nice helpful human :)

Best wishes!

Tris :)
Woolly357 wrote:

Hi,
I had an email asking me to enter meter readings to begin the new contract. Unfortunately when I access the site I get a message saying the switch is on hold and I can get no further.

Is this something I've done? The system tells me that I've had an email about the problem, but I've checked my inbox, and my spam folders, and I cannot find such an email.

Regards
Chris.

PS
OVO Account Number 6542463
OVO ID 102297704
I am a new customer and received an e mail asking me to give my meter readings but when I log into my OVO I am being told that my switch is on hold and cannot access to give my readings.
Have received an email today stating that you are now supplying my energy but I'm unable to supply meter readings online as my switch is apparently on hold. Why?
Userlevel 1
Exactly the same is happening to me!!! Time is running out!!!! what can we dooooo!
Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close