Solved

Why has my Electric moved, but not my Gas?

• 5 April 2019
  • 2 replies

I did a complete switch from SSE to OVO (Gas and Electric), but only the Electric seems to have switched. Been over a week now, and Gas still seems to be with SSE.

My OVO still says my switch date is "tomorrow", which constantly changes.
icon

Best answer by Transparent 8 April 2019, 14:39

Hi @ian2000t. A week's difference between the two meters switching across is quite common. There's nothing to worry about.

It is the Receiving Supplier (OVO in this case) who handle all aspects of the switch process. Don't try re-contacting SSE because there's nothing they can do about it.

The system for switching electricity is administrated by ECOES, the National Meter Database for electric meters. The corresponding body for gas is Xoserve. There is no direct link between them because consumers can use multiple energy suppliers.

Both ECOES and Xoserve operate a system of electronic Notifications between themselves, the Relinquishing Supplier(s) and the Receiving Supplier(s). Each step of the process has delays built in so that errors can be corrected and mistakes in meter readings agreed.

The system works. Let it run its course.

SSE will issue you a Final Bill in about a month's time, based on the actual meter readings on the agreed date of the switch. If you've left your DD Mandate open with the bank, they will automatically credit you for all amounts over the total on that Final Bill. If not, you'll receive a cheque about 10 days later.
View original

2 replies

Can anyone help..?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @ian2000t. A week's difference between the two meters switching across is quite common. There's nothing to worry about.

It is the Receiving Supplier (OVO in this case) who handle all aspects of the switch process. Don't try re-contacting SSE because there's nothing they can do about it.

The system for switching electricity is administrated by ECOES, the National Meter Database for electric meters. The corresponding body for gas is Xoserve. There is no direct link between them because consumers can use multiple energy suppliers.

Both ECOES and Xoserve operate a system of electronic Notifications between themselves, the Relinquishing Supplier(s) and the Receiving Supplier(s). Each step of the process has delays built in so that errors can be corrected and mistakes in meter readings agreed.

The system works. Let it run its course.

SSE will issue you a Final Bill in about a month's time, based on the actual meter readings on the agreed date of the switch. If you've left your DD Mandate open with the bank, they will automatically credit you for all amounts over the total on that Final Bill. If not, you'll receive a cheque about 10 days later.