Solved

Why does my Annual consumption show as 3100kWh for electricity, and 12000kWh for gas?

• 20 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone,

I have just switched to OVO from other suppliers. I was able to provide detailed and up-to-date figures of my annual consumption of gas (5945 kwh) and electricity (970 kwh). Surprisingly, however, my welcome email had significantly inflated figures saying that 'Based on your current tariff and energy use ... we think you'll use 3100 kWh of electricity over the next 12 months and this will cost you £547.95. We believe you'll use 12000 kWh of gas over the next 12 months and this will cost you £476.94.'

As you can see this is not just a rounding of the figures I provided but a vast difference which would translate to about three times of what I should pay. Thankfully, however, the plan overview and tariff information attached to that email still quote a monthly cost of £36 which corresponds to the figures I have provided.

My question is why is there this discrepancy in figures between what I submitted and what they quoted to me above? Is this just a mistake or will it have an impact on my contract and any future payments?

I would appreciate if someone could help me with this.
icon

Best answer by Ed_OVO 21 May 2019, 11:04

Hi @zcranso,

Don't worry about this, it's not a miscalculation, it's the average households consumption.

We add this to our correspondence so that you can see how you compare to the average household, in this case you're clearly much more efficient!

It won't affect how much you pay, or your account in any way, it's just a piece of information that some customers find useful!

Thanks,
Ed
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi @zcranso,

Don't worry about this, it's not a miscalculation, it's the average households consumption.

We add this to our correspondence so that you can see how you compare to the average household, in this case you're clearly much more efficient!

It won't affect how much you pay, or your account in any way, it's just a piece of information that some customers find useful!

Thanks,
Ed