Solved

Who starts a meter reading dispute?

Userlevel 1

Hi To All, just switched to Ovo but having problems with meter readings,the last electric meter reading before switching was read incorrect by the meter man. This reading has been used as my opening meter reading. I phoned Npower who cancelled the last bill BUT still took the overpayment from my account.
I've sent Ovo a query via their website but heard nothing after a few days. Hoping someone at Ovo will pick this up and advise.
Thanks. Paul.
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 7 November 2017, 16:41

pauleywauley wrote:

Sent a message via "Contact us" a few days ago and had no reply. My first meter reading is incorrect so who has to start a read dispute - me or Ovo as I have heard nothing from them and submitted my second meter reading after 2 weeks - this second meter reading is still BELOW the first meter reading g which Ovo is using. Please I hope that a moderator will pick this up as I have had no contact from Ovo as yet?
Paul.

Hey pauleywauley,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve not had much luck contacting us online.

Either suppliers can initiate a Read Dispute so if a customer notifies us that their opening meter reading is incorrect, we’ll need them to provide a meter reading, two weeks apart. More information on Read Disputes can be found here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/meters-and-meter-readings/whats-a-meter-reading-dispute.html.

I hope you don’t mind but I’ve edited the title of your topic so that other users can locate it easily.

Lucy

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Sent a message via "Contact us" a few days ago and had no reply. My first meter reading is incorrect so who has to start a read dispute - me or Ovo as I have heard nothing from them and submitted my second meter reading after 2 weeks - this second meter reading is still BELOW the first meter reading g which Ovo is using. Please I hope that a moderator will pick this up as I have had no contact from Ovo as yet?
Paul.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
pauleywauley wrote:

Paul.

Hey pauleywauley,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve not had much luck contacting us online.

Either suppliers can initiate a Read Dispute so if a customer notifies us that their opening meter reading is incorrect, we’ll need them to provide a meter reading, two weeks apart. More information on Read Disputes can be found here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/meters-and-meter-readings/whats-a-meter-reading-dispute.html.

I hope you don’t mind but I’ve edited the title of your topic so that other users can locate it easily.

Lucy
Userlevel 1
Hi Lucy, yes thanks very much I've got it sorted now an e mail was answered almost immediately so very well done, just had the final bill from Npower so it's all moving along nicely.

Thanks again, Regards Paul.
I switched to OVO on the 4th of October and had a smart meter installed on the 6thOct.
British Gas are hounding me for a final payment even though their readings are more than mine and the engineer who fitted the new meter!!! BG constantly phone me 2 or 3 times a day ! it doesnt matter what I say they say their reading is right.
I am beginning to find it all so distressing .
Userlevel 1
Had the same problem as pauleywauley when switching from Npower in September. Despite me sending Npower readings every month, they still recorded a ludicrous handover reading! Ovo have it in hand, but say it may take up to 12 weeks to sort. In the meantime Npower are holding a fairly substantial accrued credit on my direct debit account. Hopefully I'll get it for Christmas...
Userlevel 1
Hi Jan and Jules, I had the same problem with Npower a stupid reading, but as soon as Ovo started the read dispute everything moved along and Npower gave me the final bill in a matter of a few days, just make sure you keep on at them because a month after switchover the original reading they were using was still way above my actual reading. Best to keep monthly or weekly readings as these can be used to check to see how much power your actually using for their purposes. Hope you get it sorted and thanks for your posts - the more people that see this topic the better. Paul.
Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close