Solved

Welcome to Ovo California - where you can check out but never leave?

• 27 July 2018
  • 2 replies

I moved into a new house in May where the previous occupant had had Ovo.I have been trying to leave ever since , but apart from going onto the variable tarriiff so that i can leave ,i have just been told they have refused to transfer me yet again. So ive been paying high energy costs for 3 months , the communication is not with me but through a third party . What can i do to challenge this
icon

Best answer by Bumblebee 30 July 2018, 09:07

Good morning to you @Nokando

I'm going to ask some silly questions here - please forgive me but I do need to know in order to give you the correct answer.

Have you tried phoning OVO to find out where the problem lies?

They can be contacted on 0330 303 5063, they are well worth a chat to, it could well be the previous tenant/homeowner left debt on the account and records may not yet have been updated. Sadly many people move house and don't pay off their utilities.

If this is not the case please could you let me know, I promise to get back to you and see if I can help more, rest assured the phone call is a must and you get thru very quickly.

All the best hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,

Bumblebee 🙂
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Good morning to you @Nokando

I'm going to ask some silly questions here - please forgive me but I do need to know in order to give you the correct answer.

Have you tried phoning OVO to find out where the problem lies?

They can be contacted on 0330 303 5063, they are well worth a chat to, it could well be the previous tenant/homeowner left debt on the account and records may not yet have been updated. Sadly many people move house and don't pay off their utilities.

If this is not the case please could you let me know, I promise to get back to you and see if I can help more, rest assured the phone call is a must and you get thru very quickly.

All the best hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes,

Bumblebee 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge
Good point @Bumblebee! @Nokando - there could be and outstanding balance that the previous occupants haven't paid. But if you set up a new account in your own name, this should have started off with a £0 balance.

Another possibility - less likely but still worth considering - could be that the previous occupants had the meters changed while they were theres, and this hasn't been updated on the national database yet.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings