OVO sinks to a new level of incompetence

• 19 December 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Earlier today I responded to an email that I received from OVO on the 30/11/18. In that email OVO promised to contact me within 10 days to further discuss my issue about billing errors but that never happened hence why I was chasing it up.

This afternoon I did receive a reply from OVO 'Samantha', however her response was totally unrelated to my issue and actually related to another issue which had previously been addressed.

However this evening I have received another wrong email from OVO which I have to say has left me speechless! I am truly astonished at the level of incompetence shown by OVO Customer services who seem incapable of answering questions without causing yet further issues..

Here is the offending reply I received this evening. To all concerned please note the following...

I am not leaving OVO for a new supplier nor have I told you otherwise.

At this current rate of poor service I might consider leaving, I'm sick of doing OVO's work for them when in actual fact they don't bother acting on their promises to put things right.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
I’m sorry that you felt Sam’s response didn’t address or resolve the issue @Slinky. If you send a message to our Facebook/Twitter team with your full name, DoB and full address and they can look into this for you.

There has been an update on our gas meter database, which has caused some automated emails to be sent in error. The likelihood is that you're not switching supplier and your gas supply has not been not affected. Our Facebook/ Twitter team can also double check the account for you just to be safe.

Thanks,
Beth
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@Beth_OVO

Hi Beth, thanks for your response, I must admit that OVO is wearing me down and these constant blunders are making me feel quite ill with worry. Having had cancer twice recently I could well do without all this added stress, especially with just 5 days until Christmas when stress levels are already high.

I did check my online account last night and I can see this erroneous switch has even been included in my account details making it look like a switch is inevitable. See screenshot below

Will OVO be compensating me for this error which is clearly their fault?
Userlevel 2
I’m sorry for any frustration or distress this has caused, @Slinky

Automated emails have been sent in error. The likelihood is your account was effected by this and you’re not actually switching supplier and your gas supply hasn’t been affected.

If you send a message to our Facebook/Twitter team with your full name, DoB and full address and they can look into all of this for you just to double check!

Thanks,
Beth
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
@Beth_OVO

As a quick update and in response to your advice about contacting OVO via the Twitter/Facebook team, I went one better and phoned OVO on the number shown on the ET i.e. 0330 303 5063

I spoke to a really helpful guy by the name of James who not only new about this issue but also had access to an internal email about the same. James has assured me that this is indeed an error and a small number of other customers (in the low hundreds) have also been affected. This issue has been caused by OVO becoming a gas shipper themselves recently and some transfers have been actioned twice in error.

I might have been critical about OVO and their silly responses to my emails but this just goes to show that if you want anything sorting properly you need to speak to a real person one-on-one. Maybe OVO should consider employing a few more people to man the phone lines rather than rely on an email service which rarely works as intended.

All credit to James at OVO & the forum staff - thank you again! 😉

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings