Help, I was an economy energy customer.

• 16 June 2019
  • 1 reply

I arranged transfer to EDF energy for my gas. This was supposed to have happened in November, however my smart meter for my gas has not been switched to a credit meter instead of PAYG. I thought that there was an issue with the move but the issue was with my electricity company and has been dealt with. I have not heard from economy energy or ovo. I have had to continue using my economy energy top up card/ app for gas but have now received a bill from EDF for nearly£300 for gas I have already paid for. I have contacted them and been told to contact my previous supplier, I have told them that it was economy energy and that they are no longer trading. I came home from my work placement, I'm a student nurse, to find out that some one had been at my door and left a letter threatening to cut off my supply and charge me for it. I'm stressed enough with university and my training without having to worry about my gas supply getting cut off even though I have been paying for it.
Here are the payments that I have made on line.

***Edited by moderator***

1 reply

Userlevel 4
I've edited your post, @Kjohnstone, it contained personal information.

It's important that you call our team as soon as possible so that they can get this looked into. You can reach us on: 0330 303 5063 Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

They'll be happy to help!