Solved

Has my switch to OVO completed?

So I used MoneySavingExpert to switch from my nPower key meter to OVO, but I did that just before I went on holiday (ermones in corfu - highly recommend it), so I don't know if i actually switched properly because i didnt check my emails and activated my ovo account.

I also live in a place with wrought iron gates that separate the courtyard from main street, so letter boxes are attached to said gate, i saw it of the letter box came back hour later and it was gone (address said plot A, 109 instead of 109a - so maybe postie put it there).

Can I get it resent or just redo the whole egg process again. I abhor npower.
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 1 June 2017, 18:45

So I used MoneySavingExpert to switch from my nPower key meter to OVO, but I did that just before I went on holiday (ermones in corfu - highly recommend it), so I don't know if i actually switched properly because i didnt check my emails and activated my ovo account.

I also live in a place with wrought iron gates that separate the courtyard from main street, so letter boxes are attached to said gate, i saw it of the letter box came back hour later and it was gone (address said plot A, 109 instead of 109a - so maybe postie put it there).

Thanks for posting on the forum, @evansj10

@Mattj3135 is right as always! It's worth checking to see whether you've come on supply with us already as it sounds like you could have and just not received a key. If you want to me to check, send me a PM with your full name, DoB and full address.

Just so you know, I've edited your question and added a few tags to help others find this page in future.

Hope this helps,
Emma
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting @evansj10

I would assume that your switch is still underway as you've not received the new top up key through the post from OVO. It could be npower have contested the switch - but in this case you should have been contacted.

The best bet would be to reach out to the ovo customer care team - if you drop @Emma_OVO a private message with your full name, address including post code, the email address used when you completed the sign up process and your date of birth - Emma will then be able to see whats what and advise you accordingly.

Hope the above helps
It was ages ago when I made the switch so I guess post went missing. Doesnt matter too much now, I've tried switching again this time Using Gmail. BTW does going through money-saving experr have any benefits rather than going direct with "egg" energy?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Ah hopefully you're all good and everything is a ok with your account. If you want to double check - the above steps in my previous post will help.

Ah you raise an interesting point here: from a consumers point of view you'd expect to benefit from the price comparisson sites - however OVO is the one energy supplier i've come across that offers consistently low prices across the board so it does not matter how you sign up you still get the same deal as if you went direct. The only downside to you using a price comparison site and not being referred by someone already with ovo is you don't qualify for the refer a friend reward scheme.

Hope this helps

Thanks for posting on the forum, @evansj10

@Mattj3135 is right as always! It's worth checking to see whether you've come on supply with us already as it sounds like you could have and just not received a key. If you want to me to check, send me a PM with your full name, DoB and full address.

Just so you know, I've edited your question and added a few tags to help others find this page in future.

Hope this helps,
Emma
Okay here's the deal, nPower have closed my account, sent me a bill in the post for £16.99 😠 and the switch to OVO was cancelled for some reason, so now I'm wondering.. who am I actually paying to provide my electricity?

I'm going to ring up nPower and perhaps give them an earful to see what's going on, then I'll contact OVO to get their side of the story. On top of that, I can't even get any live chat assistance, unless I phone up. (I'm fairly busy lately and I can't ring after 8pm).
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @evansj10

Sorry to hear you've had issues, as your switch was cancelled it sounds like you'd sill be with your previous supplier.

Id contact them to start with and also drop one of the moderators a private message to see what happened their end. They will need the info outlined above in my previous post

Hope you sort this soon
Npower have told me I am now with OVO, although I never received my card/key and my account switch was cancelled. I ended up paying the outstanding balance although I didn't want to. What do I do now?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
If i where you id be challenging the bill as youre a pay as you go customer.

In relation to your supply if you send @Emma_OVO a private message with your name, address & date of birth - Emma can set the account up and get you top up cards posted.

Hope this helps
Npower have told me I am now with OVO, although I never received my card/key and my account switch was cancelled. I ended up paying the outstanding balance although I didn't want to. What do I do now?

Hey @evansj10

I've replied to your PM so go check it out! :)

Thanks,
Emma
Have done! I'm a really bad procrastinator, so I apologise.
Hello OVO, I received an email from you on the 4th October telling me you had taken over my energy supply from British Gas. I duly gave meter readings as requested.
I logged into my OVO app today to enter new meter readings and found that I could not enter my electricity meter reading because you say you have not yet taken it over. Yet British Gas tell me you have. Somebody must be wrong, and I’d be grateful if you could get in touch to let me know what’s going on. Many thanks
I migrated on the 4th and there was also a delay in my account showing the electricity side had moved.

I could submit gas readings but not electricity.

That’s changed today and both are now showing as transferred.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
We are now closing down all PAYG and PAYG+ related topics on the OVO Forum so you will need to head over to the Boost Forum to stay involved.

You can find our new forum here: https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/

It's just as quick and easy to sign up and get stuck in. We already have 100 users registered and getting involved so we don't want you to miss out!