Solved

Left OVO in 2017 - still waiting for refund - can anyone help?

We were loyal customers, always well and truly in credit but left Ovo in June of 2017 due to a huge uplift in tariff and far better deals elsewhere. Now 9 months later we're still fighting to get the remainder of our credit refunded. Over many calls and many different reasons we're now having to look to the Ombudsman to resolve. What happened to the great Ovo service? Users beware, keep your credit low.
icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 21 March 2018, 16:57

Hi @Rippedoff,

Sounds like this might be a complicated one. It usually only takes up to 6 weeks to create your final bill and issue a refund of any remaining credit. There might be something holding this up on our end and I'd like to get to the bottom of it for you. Send us a PM on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, full name and DoB and I'll investigate.

Nancy

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
We have been really happy with Ovo up until the past year. Mistakes being made both with over charges and them slotting in estimated readings after we email actual ones. Also email questions have gone unanswered. I'm not surprised and wondered when tbe crap was going to start. Same old. If something looks to good to be true it probably is.

I'll be adding the screw ups to my consumers website data ready for an article if Ovo remain like this.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi @Rippedoff,

Sounds like this might be a complicated one. It usually only takes up to 6 weeks to create your final bill and issue a refund of any remaining credit. There might be something holding this up on our end and I'd like to get to the bottom of it for you. Send us a PM on Facebook or Twitter with your account number, full name and DoB and I'll investigate.

Nancy
Hi Nancy, thanks for getting back to me, unfortunately we don't have a Facebook account, we don't do any social media. Happy to discuss any other way, via personal email for example (this was given as part of our account detail). Best Regards
Mark
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Rippedoff wrote:

Hi Nancy, thanks for getting back to me, unfortunately we don't have a Facebook account, we don't do any social media. Happy to discuss any other way, via personal email for example (this was given as part of our account detail). Best Regards
Mark

You can always contact our Customer Care team via phone/email too. :) Their details can be found here https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers.

The Customer Care guys will be more than happy to look into what is holding up your refund. If you have the opening meter readings that you gave your new supplier, pass these to the Care guys too as they might be able to estimate how much your final bill will be.

Lucy

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close