Solved

Central Heating Thermostat not working after smart installation

I have just had a not so smart meter fitter by OVO.
After the installation my Central Heating Thermostat is no longer working!
It will now cost me £99 to get a British Gas engineer to look at it.
It’s a first generation smart meter, so it will need replacing when the second generation meters are rolled out.
I wish I had not bothered!
Be warned ‘If it works don’t fix it’.
icon

Best answer by Lucy_OVO 11 July 2017, 13:00

alan123 wrote:

It’s a first generation smart meter, so it will need replacing when the second generation meters are rolled out.

Sorry to hear this @alan123. I’m afraid I’m not sure why your Central Heating Thermostat is no longer working, but hopefully the British Gas Engineer will be able to diagnose the issue.

Lucy

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
alan123 wrote:

Sorry to hear this @alan123. I’m afraid I’m not sure why your Central Heating Thermostat is no longer working, but hopefully the British Gas Engineer will be able to diagnose the issue.

Lucy
Hi Lucy,

Sorry to hear what happened to you. Same has just happened here, OVO refuses to accept any responsibility, although the engineer I have had out says there is aboslutely nothing wrong with my boiler - only the signal from the thermostat to the meter. It must be interferance from the smart meter as happened at time of installation.

Did you get help from your engineer and what was the solution? Did OVO help at all?

I'm sitting with flu in 12 degrees in my flat and have already spent a lot of money.... :(

Thanks,
Sofie
A central heating system is a great way to provide heat to your home. We all value the warmth and comfort that a fully functioning central heating system brings to the home. Installing a central heating system is a large investment, and you should choose your central heating company wisely. Visit heating service nj(http://allweekheating.com/heating-systems-repairs-installation-service-nj.html) for more knowledge.

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8
    • :)
    • :P
    • ;)
    Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close