Solved

Why isn't my PAYG smart meter showing my current balance?

Hi 1st post just noticed that my smart meter on the electric part isn't doing anything not showing how much I've got or how much I've used and the actual electric meter isn't doing anything either pushed buttons and nothingĀ  happening we have still got electricity was just wondering why they have bothĀ stopped is there anything I can do to try and fix it as I'm worried going to get aĀ  big bill as not sure if I've used my credit up the gas is working fine any info would be great

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 19 April 2022, 12:22

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

HiĀ @Gazza1209Ā ,

If youā€™re on Boost Pay As You Go, youā€™ll normally want the Boost Help rather than the OVO Forum. Iā€™ll help you out this time.

This sounds like an emergency meter exchange might be needed though, so youā€™ll want to phone this through in the morning. If you want me to, I can help diagnose the issue but Iā€™ll need to see photos of everything first.

Sorry for the delay this is the picture of the meters if that helps going to phone them later and see what is happening many thanks for the replyĀ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I see. An Elster AS300P and an SSE SET/IHDL SmartView 2 huh? Interestingā€¦

I really wish I knew what the lights on that particular comms hub meant, but unfortunately itā€™s not documented very well.

Let me do some digging and Iā€™ll come back to you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 21/07/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO:

Unfortunately however, I canā€™t find one for the Elster AM110R Comms Hub.Ā @Jess_OVOĀ could I get your help with that by any chance?

My current theory is that the meter has temporarily lost the HAN connection and might come back later. If you need to top-up, youā€™ll want to use the UTRN Code from the receipt to manually punch the code into the meter directly, as other methods might not work right now. Boost Customer Service can probably dig deeper for you as well.

Userlevel 7

Just to double-check,Ā @Gazza1209, who is your current supplier?

Ā 

AsĀ @Blastoise186Ā mentions it looks like there might be a communication issue meaning youā€™re not seeing your electricity information on your In-Home Display. Weā€™d recommend reaching out to your supplier to make sure any signal issues are investigated so your energy charges are correct and up-to date.

Ā 

Hope this helps get things sorted.Ā 

Thank you for all the replies I'm out today so will try and get hold of them tomorrow morningĀ 

So quick update been on phone for an hour they're not sure what's going on for someone else phoning me by tonight and if they can't get it tooĀ work looks like a new meter

So another update they phoned tried things they're end and didn't work so getting new meter in may thank you for all you're comments and information šŸ‘Ā 

I have just moved into my new place and using OVO pay as you go. I have Ā£40 on my online account but only showing Ā£13 on meter why is this!Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @ellie jqcobsĀ ,

If you have PAYG, the most accurate place to check the balance is on the meters themselves or on the IHD. Any balances shown elsewhere donā€™t update in real-time so can be out of line quite often.

Can anyone help. I changed to pay as you go meter smart meter and my old account say I'm 49.43 in credit but when I switch to the new pay as you go app it says I'm in debiting tried explaining over the phone no joy. But everytime I top up it says payment declined then it adds to the old app.Ā 

Totally confused.Ā 

Thanks heatherĀ 

Ā 

Userlevel 6

Hey @heatherelizabethlibĀ 

Ā 

Iā€™m really sorry hear about this.Ā 

Ā 

We donā€™t have access to accounts here at the Forum, so itā€™s very tricky for us to advise on what needs to be done here. This is very account specific so the Support Teams should be able to help resolve this issue. Give the Support Team another try, and you can always raise a complaint about this if necessary too.

Thank you AbbyĀ