Solved

Why is my SMETS2 gas meter not sending readings?

Hello,

I've recently had a new smart meters installed. The electric one is working fine, but the gas meter has failed to send a single smart reading. So far I've had to submit manual readings.

Does anyone know how to re-sync the two meters so Gas readings are automatically sent to OVO?

I've got some of the 2nd generation meters.

I am talking to OVO about the issue but they are being very slow, and whenever I do get a response they keep referring me back to fixes for the older style smart meters.

42ba9d3d-00b6-44db-994a-b499c1565f86.jpg

3809cec3-7f00-411c-be81-d267007da665.jpg

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 26 February 2019, 13:29

Updated on 21/05/21 by Jess_OVO

Sorry to hear you’re having some issues with your new S2 meters. If you’ve just had these installed it’s worth remembering that it can take up to 6 weeks for your account to be updated and for you to see your usage data on your online account or OVO app (download for Android or iOS).

More than 6 weeks since your install and having communication trouble? Carry out a smart meter health check (by clicking on your meter type below) and contact our Support Team with the results:

‘Secure’ S1 smart meter health check

Aclara/Flonidan S2 smart meter health check

If you are seeing usage data on your online account but not on your In Home Display (IHD) check the IHD guides below for more advice:

S2 Chameleon IHD guide

S1 Chameleon IHD guide

Pipit IHD guide

OVO member but not got a smart meter yet? - Book today!

Interested but not yet an OVO member? - Check out our plans!

View original

101 replies

I did receive a call from OVO today who said that they had done something behind the scenes on their system and that I should shortly see the gas meter reads, but I will wait and see… they are calling me back on Monday to check.

Thanks @Tim_OVO and @Transparent for your input.